• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors What's your strategy/strategies against stronger enemies?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
There's a lot of stronger enemies in the game, that the gameplay loop heavily relies on. Things like big moblins and bokoblins and various kinds of wizzrobes.

These enemies takes a while to bring down, they have big health bars as well as a shield of sorts that needs to be shattered in order to land an extra powerful blow.

What kind of strategies do you usually resort to when it comes down to tackle a big Moblin, for example?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Flurry rushes are really helpful. Also learning how to use the runes properly works wonders with revealing their weak point gauges. The elemental rods can be used to stun enemies for a short time giving you a window to use your best combos as well.

Beyond that, it's a matter of just attacking and watching for opportunities for flurry rushes. The window is bigger than I thought it was in the demo and dodging is really easy. Also, knowing the characters helps, for example with Impa I never use the special attack unless I have 3 symbols, especially in 1-on-1 fights.

I feel like at its roots, the gameplay stems from flurry rushes and using the runes properly. I think those are going to be the most important general mechanics aside from character specific mechanics.

Keep your guard up and be patient.

Resist the temptation to button mash and just relax into the encounters, don't try to rush them.

AoC doesn't have many missions that put you on the clock so you have enough time to be patient with stronger enemies to minimise damage.

I always get in close, keep my guard up and constantly strafe. Strafing is good so when you need to dodge you're already holding a direction that will push you off to the side.

Try and get through the longest combos you have when the shield meter pops up to shave off maximum wedges.

Robbie fan club
I tend to abuse the staves a lot, exposing weak point gauges quickly is super nice. Other than that I just dodge around wildly and hope it works. Using stasis when the weak point gauge appears to extend how long you can chip away at it and then using a special to expose it immediately again tends to work as well from what I've played

Ninja

Well well well
As soon as the WPG appears, I hit em with the Stasis to get some extra hits in. Other than that I'll practice the flurry rushes, or if I'm on a time crunch, use the rods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom