• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What's your reaction to the no 2015 Zelda WiiU release information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ich Will

Not very nearfetch'd
My reaction: OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

My real reaction: hmm. okay then.

There are tons of other games to play, so what can I say.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I am still mad about the no E3 part, that's just so stupid. The delay, I can understand but no show at E3 is just too ridiculous. I was hoping that in the April Fools direct, at least the no E3 part could've turned out to just be a joke but no such miracle happened. :(

And this whole "new ideas" thing is annoying the heck out of me, especially when combined with the no E3 thing. It really worries me that Zelda U has been rebooted and that the game will be like a totally different game next time we see it, kinda like, like I said earlier in this thread, like the transition from Zelda 64 to OoT. Zelda 64 got sent to the concept graveyard while it's rebooted version counterpart, OoT got to have the glory. Again, not to say that OoT is bad or anything, I love OoT, just that I'm sad that we never got to play Zelda 64, it had such a beautiful artstyle, I always thought the nice cel-shaded like graphics were so amazing and very fitting for a Zelda game.

I still really think that Zelda U is going through the same kind of process, especially the idea being is to change the conventions, kind of the transition from 2D to 3D, only this doesn't have to do with dimensions but instead, conventions. It's the transitioning process from traditional Zelda to non-traditional Zelda, old conventions to new conventions. So in a way, I can kinda understand why Nintendo is like on overflow with ideas, kinda like they were with the process of making Zelda 64 go from the remembered and loved old concepts and beautiful inspiring artstyle of Zelda 64 to the great masterpiece we all know and love that is OoT. That said, Zelda U's final version counterpart, like OoT, might also turn out to be a masterpiece but this time as a part of it's own kind of Zelda.

Yes, what I'm saying is that I, yet again, believe that Zelda U might not set in the timeline we are familiar with but actually it's own timeline. Though, as Aonuma stated back in E3, he seems to consider it as like a "break" from traditional Zelda. So he's not completely abandoning the Zelda we know and love, just taking a break from it by introducing a new or rather alternate Zelda timeline that is parallel to the one we're familiar with. This new timeline could be an alternate reality that could at some point connect to the timeline we know of.

I like to think of this new timeline as the "Non-Traditional Zelda Timeline", where unlike in the "Traditional Zelda Timeline" that we well know of, in this new timeline, tradition is that big of a thing. It could be like Final Fantasy, where things change so drastically all the time in such a way where each story is not connected that much in such a way. You know, where every era and age has their own stories.

Think about it. That could be why Link and Epona both already looked so different to begin with in the first place. Plus, Aonuma even confirmed that he wants the new game set place in very new and different Hyrule than anyone has ever seen before. The land may have familiar like features like a bridge kinda like the Great Bridge of Hylia, a volcano area like Death Mountain, a lake like Lake Hylia but it could it still be a different Hyrule all together, it just has it's own Great Bridge of Hylia, it's own Death Mountain, and it's own Lake Hylia. Just because it has familiar features like what that the Hyrule we know has, doesn't mean it's the same Hyrule.

Now that I of it, I might make a video or just a thread where I will talk more about this.

Anyways, that's all for now, I'm tired.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
I am still mad about the no E3 part, that's just so stupid. The delay, I can understand but no show at E3 is just too ridiculous. I was hoping that in the April Fools direct, at least the no E3 part could've turned out to just be a joke but no such miracle happened. :(

And this whole "new ideas" thing is annoying the heck out of me, especially when combined with the no E3 thing. It really worries me that Zelda U has been rebooted and that the game will be like a totally different game next time we see it, kinda like, like I said earlier in this thread, like the transition from Zelda 64 to OoT. Zelda 64 got sent to the concept graveyard while it's rebooted version counterpart, OoT got to have the glory. Again, not to say that OoT is bad or anything, I love OoT, just that I'm sad that we never got to play Zelda 64, it had such a beautiful artstyle, I always thought the nice cel-shaded like graphics were so amazing and very fitting for a Zelda game.

I still really think that Zelda U is going through the same kind of process, especially the idea being is to change the conventions, kind of the transition from 2D to 3D, only this doesn't have to do with dimensions but instead, conventions. It's the transitioning process from traditional Zelda to non-traditional Zelda, old conventions to new conventions. So in a way, I can kinda understand why Nintendo is like on overflow with ideas, kinda like they were with the process of making Zelda 64 go from the remembered and loved old concepts and beautiful inspiring artstyle of Zelda 64 to the great masterpiece we all know and love that is OoT. That said, Zelda U's final version counterpart, like OoT, might also turn out to be a masterpiece but this time as a part of it's own kind of Zelda.

Yes, what I'm saying is that I, yet again, believe that Zelda U might not set in the timeline we are familiar with but actually it's own timeline. Though, as Aonuma stated back in E3, he seems to consider it as like a "break" from traditional Zelda. So he's not completely abandoning the Zelda we know and love, just taking a break from it by introducing a new or rather alternate Zelda timeline that is parallel to the one we're familiar with. This new timeline could be an alternate reality that could at some point connect to the timeline we know of.

I like to think of this new timeline as the "Non-Traditional Zelda Timeline", where unlike in the "Traditional Zelda Timeline" that we well know of, in this new timeline, tradition is that big of a thing. It could be like Final Fantasy, where things change so drastically all the time in such a way where each story is not connected that much in such a way. You know, where every era and age has their own stories.

Think about it. That could be why Link and Epona both already looked so different to begin with in the first place. Plus, Aonuma even confirmed that he wants the new game set place in very new and different Hyrule than anyone has ever seen before. The land may have familiar like features like a bridge kinda like the Great Bridge of Hylia, a volcano area like Death Mountain, a lake like Lake Hylia but it could it still be a different Hyrule all together, it just has it's own Great Bridge of Hylia, it's own Death Mountain, and it's own Lake Hylia. Just because it has familiar features like what that the Hyrule we know has, doesn't mean it's the same Hyrule.

Now that I of it, I might make a video or just a thread where I will talk more about this.

Anyways, that's all for now, I'm tired.
Zelda games are almost always delayed, it doesn't mean they're completely redoing the game from scratch. There's not much point worrying about it now anyway, whatever happens happens. If it comes out next year with more ideas, great. If it comes out in three years completely different then we'll be disappointed now but believe it or not, we'll manage without.
You might be right about the timeline, but it's really too early to tell without more information. There are so many theories that all make sense, it's not possible to pick a place on the timeline or off of it for sure.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Zelda games are almost always delayed, it doesn't mean they're completely redoing the game from scratch. There's not much point worrying about it now anyway, whatever happens happens. If it comes out next year with more ideas, great. If it comes out in three years completely different then we'll be disappointed now but believe it or not, we'll manage without.
You might be right about the timeline, but it's really too early to tell without more information. There are so many theories that all make sense, it's not possible to pick a place on the timeline or off of it for sure.

1) The fact that the game won't be at E3 this pretty says it all. They're obviously making some big changes to the game, like Link's design, the overworld, the enemies, and maybe even Epona. That said, by the time we see the game again, it will not be the same game we saw in 2014, it'll be very different.

2) After the whole NX announcement, then the delay of Zelda U, the no Zelda U at E3 announcement, I can already see that the game may not release until at the earliest, 2017, assuming that the game will be ported to NX. That would mean we won't see anything new for Zelda from Nintendo until 2017 at the earliest. Which sucks in my opinion and I kinda hate Zelda U for that reason but at same time, I also still love Zelda U, mostly because I still want a new Zelda game.

In a way, it makes me mad that they couldn't just stick with the vision they had formerly.

3) Well my idea of the non-traditional timeline makes the most sense when it comes to timeline placement because there's so much evidence proving it, including the fact that we keep bouncing back and forth from one placement in the traditional timeline to another, still leading up to a dead end cause the game has mix of things from other games, making it impossible to place anywhere in the traditional timeline.

Plus, with a completely new Link, a new Epona, and a new Hyrule, it's very possible that this game set place in a new timeline.

4) My theory of how this new timeline could work, how it exists, and how it connects to the traditional timeline is that there could've been a split may have occurred sometime before SS because something that happened in the traditional timeline like a wish or something. What ever caused the split, this new timeline leads to Zelda U which could be a parallel counterpart to SS. That explains why it shares a similar artstyle and why the bokoblins appear to be of the same type of species as the ones seen in SS. Though, of course this just speculating from the Zelda U we've seen not the final game. Who knows what changes Nintendo is doing.

For we know the final version of the game could turn out to be a parallel counterpart to OoT, seeing as the game will be like a spiritual successor of OoT.

Anyways, I'll explain more in the near future.

Eh. It doesn't bother me and it doesn't surprise me in the least. I'm ok with its delay. I expected it, better to be a great game, then a glitchy piece of crap

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
1) The fact that the game won't be at E3 this pretty says it all. They're obviously making some big changes to the game, like Link's design, the overworld, the enemies, and maybe even Epona. That said, by the time we see the game again, it will not be the same game we saw in 2014, it'll be very different.

2) After the whole NX announcement, then the delay of Zelda U, the no Zelda U at E3 announcement, I can already see that the game may not release until at the earliest, 2017, assuming that the game will be ported to NX. That would mean we won't see anything new for Zelda from Nintendo until 2017 at the earliest. Which sucks in my opinion and I kinda hate Zelda U for that reason but at same time, I also still love Zelda U, mostly because I still want a new Zelda game.

In a way, it makes me mad that they couldn't just stick with the vision they had formerly.

3) Well my idea of the non-traditional timeline makes the most sense when it comes to timeline placement because there's so much evidence proving it, including the fact that we keep bouncing back and forth from one placement in the traditional timeline to another, still leading up to a dead end cause the game has mix of things from other games, making it impossible to place anywhere in the traditional timeline.

Plus, with a completely new Link, a new Epona, and a new Hyrule, it's very possible that this game set place in a new timeline.

4) My theory of how this new timeline could work, how it exists, and how it connects to the traditional timeline is that there could've been a split may have occurred sometime before SS because something that happened in the traditional timeline like a wish or something. What ever caused the split, this new timeline leads to Zelda U which could be a parallel counterpart to SS. That explains why it shares a similar artstyle and why the bokoblins appear to be of the same type of species as the ones seen in SS. Though, of course this just speculating from the Zelda U we've seen not the final game. Who knows what changes Nintendo is doing.

For we know the final version of the game could turn out to be a parallel counterpart to OoT, seeing as the game will be like a spiritual successor of OoT.

Anyways, I'll explain more in the near future.
Here, you're jumping to conclusions and stating them as fact. Nintendo put TP on wii and no one thought it was a good idea, it was clearly a mistake so why would they do it again? I'm not saying they won't for certain because I don't know, but it would be a bad move so I don't see why they would.
I'd say the bokoblins look more like the ones from WW. They're more devil-pig like than the weird red goat-with-big-nose things in SS. That's really just opinion though.
The whole problem with timeline placement at this point is that the isn't much evidence to go off. On top of that, if what you said first is true then we'll end up with a completely different game and any theory you make off of the videos we currently have wouldn't relate to what we end up with, just the beta version.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I think these guys explain things better I have:

I got 2 minutes into this inane rambling and had to stop. This guy has ZERO idea what he's talking about.

I respected this guy's opinion a little bit more, mostly only because he spoke in an intelligent manner, and actually provided some semblance of a logical argument. However, his big worry is from a business standpoint, not about whether or not the game is coming for NX or Wii U.

Again, can't take a guy seriously when he says "yeah" and "um" and "so" so many times in 30 seconds. Again, complete speculation, no facts.

We have no idea what changes were made. None of these guys are industry insiders. They're all speculating. The first guy still thinks the NX is going to be a cross-platform. Credibility = zero. The last guy took a fact (game delay) and made up a whole argument from that, which the evidence does not support.

This game isn't being made from scratch. This game won't be on NX. NX won't be a cross-over platform. At least not from any of the facts that we have.

Last edited:
Honestly, when I first heard the news about Zelda Wii U being delayed, which was days after the announcement of Uncharted 4 being delayed, I thought that this was the year for Microsoft to really push Xbox One sales. Both its competitors had just delayed their biggest AAA releases into 2016. I'll be surprised if Sony or Nintendo can put out anything to compete with Halo 5: Guardians this fall. Maybe a new Gran Turismo or Animal Crossing could hold its own.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Wow it's been a long time since i've been on the forums.
Not gonna lie... I am a bit flummoxed and distraught at the same frick frackin' time!

Honestly, I'm very upset with Nintendo. They know how huge this fan base is. I take this decision as a sign that they want the game to be SO good it will blow our socks off, and they are working so hard that they don't want to show anything. I just wish they would give us something tiny be it another short video clip or a piece of artwork or ANYTHING to hold me over. I also don't want to happen what happened with Twilight Princess where it was released for 2 consoles. Wasn't really a fan of that move.

I can't say I am overly shocked with them delaying the release date. You have Ocarina which came out 5 years after Link's Awakening which is a pretty long time between releases. Twilight princess was delayed quite a lot between around 2-3 years. Skyward sword also got delayed similar to twilight princess. In reality, i was more anticipating it rather than shocked. As long as they make the game better and not delay to 2017 then it should be a great game. Still miss the days where you get 2 original zeldas on the one console

D

Deleted member 81859

After I saw the announcement I ate half a tub of ice cream and was angsty for the rest of the evening.

I am actually okay with the delay, the better the Zelda the longer I'll wait for it! (But I'm still crying tho.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom