• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What's your concerns about Breath of the Wild?

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Still sounds empty to me. Wildlife that you'll ignore most of the time and weather don't fill an world.

But you wouldn't be ignoring it, you'd be killing and eating it or enslaving it to your will. =/

Anyway, the problem with XBX that I think this game seems to be addressing was that the wildlife and the world didn't feel alive. Here we see animals actually reacting to (at least) the player's presence and reacting in a way animals would. That in itself goes a long way in making the world feel less artificial. Same goes for the weather. There's lightning strikes that will hit the ground and (I think?) start fires, and gosh dang meteors. I was just addressing the "artificial" feel you mentioned XBX having.

If that's not what you meant, then by all means feel free to ignore my post or correct me.

I guess if I had a concern it would be that I want very badly for the Hero's Tunic to make an appearance, and so far there hasn't been much evidence to suggest that it will, unless there's something I've missed.

Last edited:
1. Dungeon count and/or the lack of themed dungeons. I like to elemental dungeons! Yes I understand that there are shrines, but evidence suggest that they will all look the same.

2. Dumb and obnoxious mini games. I might be a loner here, but I have hated most of the mini games in each and every Zelda game.

3. Needing a guide to beat the game. Only Zelda I every got a 100% on without a guide is ALttP and the Original. Had to guide it for every 3d Zelda made. I just hope they number the items so it is easier to look up the exact Heart Piece I am missing. I like puzzles but sometimes the game just doesn't tell you where you need to go next!

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
1) A lack of variety.

Ever since the number of collectible koroks and shrine dungeons was released, I've had this worry. It's all well and good to claim you have a massive world full of content, but if that content is nothing but the same thing repeated ad infinium, you don't have a good game. I'm worried that we'll see a focus on quantity and not quality. Adventuring can only cover so much, especially if there isn't anything else fun to do.

2) World size.

I laugh every time a developer says, "But our world is even bigger than [popular open world game]. It has 200% more trees!" There's a reliance on large open worlds with nothing to fill them, and big open worlds that are pretty to look at, but with little substance after you dig a bit deeper. Look no further for shallow open worlds than any Ubisoft title. Looking for a big world with lots of stupid collectibles, but little original content? I present to you Assassin's Creed, Ghost Rescon, and The Division.

That's the kind of game I'm worried Breath of the Wild will be. If it turns out like, say, The Witcher 3, then all will be well.

3) The narrative.

What with the emphasis being placed on exploration and the ability to find Link's "memories" (which apparently fill us in on what went down before everything went down), I'm worried that the game's narrative will be disconnected from the main game. If all the story bits are memories, then that means they'll be self-contained. That means no open world involvement. The worst mistake Nintendo could make with Breath of the Wild is create a distinction between game and narrative, but that would be a very Ninendo thing to do. They don't exactly have a good track record right now.

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I'm concerned that ninty will have made a typical standard "opin warld arr-pee-gee!!" that looks quaint compared to six year old Skyrim. Critics will deride this and most players will ignore it in favor of... every other open world game releasing this year. Ninty fans will of course abuse anyone who dares to so much as insinuate that it is anything short of literally the best game ever.

It could also be another barren tedious open wurld collect-a-thon extravaganza with little more to see and do but to obsessively collect useless shinies and follow a central narrative that is comprised mainly of a half dozen cutscenes (most of which we've already seen in the trailers) in other words... ninty would have taken a degree in the Ubisuck school of open world game design.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom