• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's the worst pain you've ever felt?

Ninja

Well well well
The pain can be physical or emotional, whichever best applies.

For me, I've always had incredibly sensitive teeth. Anything remotely cold really triggered a lot of pain. At times even really hot food would cause my teeth to hurt, so it's not uncommon for me to prefer room temperature or just warm food. My teeth had gotten so bad to the point (from neglect, regretfully) to where I needed six, yes six crowns.

For those that don't know, the crowning process is that the dentist numbs you, files your affected teeth down to little nubs, then cast molds them, and applies temporary crowns until your permanent ones come back from the lab. I had to get six done, and since I was numb for the most part, I thought the process would be easy.

4 days later, it's time to get my new crowns! As the dentist gets to work, the adhesive on my temporary crowns is stronger than they anticipated, so it was extremely uncomfortable feeling and hearing them pry them off my bare nubs. I thought the worst was over, but holy **** guys, it was only just beginning.

Remember when I said that anything remotely cold causes excruciating pain? My dentist, one by one, filled my permanent crowns with adhesive that was ICE COLD, and placed them on my bare, raw teeth without any anesthetic. I bruised my thighs with how tight I clinched, and midway through I was in tears due to the pain. 5 long minutes later, I was sent away with Tylenol and told I was good to go.

That really sucked, and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

How about you guys?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
5 long minutes later, I was sent away with Tylenol and told I was good to go.

They only gave you Tylenol for that? I've had quite a bit of teeth trouble, and my dentist always gives me Hydros at least, so I haven't had the painful experiences you have, thankfully.

It's hard to say exactly what the worst pain is because in the moment lots of things feel like the worse. I guess I have two that I consider the top ones. The one time I had pink eye was horrendous. I got it in both eyes, and I'm already super sensitive and squeamish when it comes to eyes in the first place. I can't see any touch their eye, anything done to the eye, or even just seeing an eye up close makes mine water like crazy and hurt. Anyways, over a few days it started to get worse and worse. I would wake up and then literally lay on the couch all day with my eyes closed because it felt like needles were stabbing them if I opened them. Being sensitive about eyes also means I can't really handle eye drops (and am allergic to some). So I would have to put some on the corners of my eyes, almost on my nose, and let them kinda slide into my eye. I think it finally cleared up completely after like a week? It wasn't that bad the entire time, but as it was healing I would still had some problems with it.

The other top moment might be the time I got steak stuck in my throat. Which may sound weird to most, since it's not exactly 'choking'. But I have an issue swallowing things sometimes, and it will end up stuck in my throat where I can still breath, but can't swallow anything else (even my own spit). So I essentially have to either try to force it out by throwing up repeatedly, or try to make it work it's way down. Sometime last year was the worst experience I've ever had with that issue. I got steak stuck, and spent over 12 hours trying to get it out. At that point, having ate nor drank anything in forever, and having to force myself to throw up meant that my stomach was empty. It really hurts to try and throw up nothing, especially when you're exhausted and just want to sleep or at least be able to drink something. I finally worked it enough I guess, that it ended up going down, and I felt it the entire time. It was so painful, and after all of that my body just felt like a giant bruise. My throat was killing me and I could barely move from both exhaustion and pain. It seriously felt like I have a bad case of the flu with body aches and whatnot.

Old wounds, huh?

Well, being disowned sucked, having my hand crushed at work sucked but the worst was when a relationship ended. I got depression and fell into such a rut that i almost died and the end result was that i've dramatically shortened my life.

Currently someone close to me is at death's door and wont be strong enough to be brought back if he goes into cardiac arrest, which when the problem is his heart, is pretty likely. It'll hurt when he goes because he helped me out more than anyone ever has a couple of years ago.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The worst physical pain I have ever felt was dislocating my knee. Women say giving birth is painful but if it was as painful as that they would never choose have more than one child. I wouldn't go through that again even for a pug :pug:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I've had dentophobia for many years and finally got diagnosed with it a few years ago. My main issue is the drill. My teeth hurt from just listening to that sound, forget about actually doing any drilling. Since the public dental service here was not very understanding about my issues, I actually stayed away from dentists for about a decade. There was only one exception to that, and that was when I woke up early one morning with the worst pain I've ever had. It was like someone was drilling into my tooth non-stop.

The tooth in question was one where the filling had fallen out some years earlier. I had gotten this temporary tooth cement one since I wasn't mentally capable of going through with any procedure that required a drill and that too had fallen out. So I had just learned to live with a gaping hole in my tooth. Well, it had gotten so bad that the nerve in that tooth was dying, and that was the pain I was feeling. It was so bad that I actually pulled myself into a dentist office to get it to stop. Sure, they wanted to do a root canal, but I blatantly refused and they pulled it instead.

Thankfully, I've since found a dentist in my area that offers dental treatment under anestesia, and I can finally fix my teeth without triggering a panic attack. No more danger of experiencing that pain again, that's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. It's worse than anything I've experienced, even worse than the time I got a herniated disc (think that's the right translation) in my lower back.

Dan

From what I've learned on the internet the worst pain anyone can feel in the entire galaxy is having their relationship end, usually it's felt by the one that is being left. The pain is so powerful it physically manifests into the rectum, scientists call this pain "butt hurt".

The most pain I have ever been though however is being kicked in the ballz 3d by an old women when I tried explaining to her why she needed to let others speak.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
My worst physical pain when I was kid was after I broke my leg and the doctor kept squeezing on it over and over again during the process of putting on the cast. Today, I might be able to endure it, but at the time, that was the littlest ***** I ever was. I was screaming and crying like I never have before.

More recently however, was when I broke a bone in my hand in half. Breaking it didn't hurt, I actually didn't think it was broken until a week later. However, the part that hurt was the process of trying to align the two pieces to avoid surgery, which I needed anyway. They tied my two fingers that wouldn't open tightly and left it elevated in the air and kept squeezing on my hand for what felt like an eternity until my bone was lined up. I had mentally prepared for the pain and while I didn't show it, that was the most excruciating pain I've ever felt. The only time I made a peep was when I felt the bones pop into place. When they finally untied my hand, my fingers were extremely purple.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Easy. The worst physical pain I've ever been in, by far, was towards the end of the summer of 2015, when I was watching my dad do some welding without eye protection. I always heard stories about people getting welding flash from not protecting their eyes properly, but it seemed unbelievable to me. I also was nowhere near where he was actually welding, so I thought I was safe. But no. I remember going to the movies that night, and with all the flashing lights, the burn quickly built up into the most agonizing experience of my life. I didn't realize it was from the welder, so I didn't say anything until the movie was over because I thought it was just a little bit of irritation that would pass. But nope. By the time the movie was over, I couldn't open them at all, and I was sitting in the chair beside my dad with my shirt covering my face and my eyes tightly shut. I went to the hospital and they gave me painkillers, which lasted for about 10 minutes every time I took one. I didn't get any sleep that night because my eyes were killing me. Throughout the following day, the pain slowly subsided, but I still couldn't keep my eyes open for very long at a time, and we had to keep the lights off for the whole day. It wasn't until the next day that it stopped burning, though my eyes were still irritated for a good while after. But man, the night it happened, and the majority of the following day, was constant pain and it was without doubt the most painful experience of my life. People always say not to look directly at the sun, this is why. Flash burns are not fun.

funnier6

Courage~
I’m pretty sure having the stomach flu was the most agonizing pain I’ve ever been in and I actually felt I was dying since I was literally too weak to even look at my phone. But there’s also when I lifted cross ties without gloves and gashed a couple fingers on my left hand pretty bad, and the sap or resin or whatever in the wood burns excruciatingly. I basically whimpered myself to sleep that night. Luckily I’ve never broken any bones or anything.

For me, I've always had incredibly sensitive teeth. Anything remotely cold really triggered a lot of pain. At times even really hot food would cause my teeth to hurt, so it's not uncommon for me to prefer room temperature or just warm food. My teeth had gotten so bad to the point (from neglect, regretfully) to where I needed six, yes six crowns.
It doesn't sound like I have it nearly as bad as you do, but I have sensitive teeth too, likely as a result of grinding them in my sleep as a kid. So I have some hot/cold sensitivity too, although I don't think it usually gets very painful. Makes icecream being my favorite dessert pretty annoying though. xP I find it's not as bad if my teeth are closer to that temperature to begin with.

As for me, the worst physical pain I ever experienced was when I fell on some short porch stairs, but then after falling backward on them, a 50-pound bag of dirt fell on-top of me and basically spiked the steps' corners into my spine. The pain was so intense that I basically couldn't speak -- or stay quiet; I moaned involuntarily -- and after trying to get up and taking a couple of steps, I basically couldn't walk and crumpled onto the ground. Incidentally that spot still bothers me sometimes when my back gets sore in general. xP

I recently suffered a major loss in my family and that would probably be the worst emotional pain I've felt. I'm not going to get into that though.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The worst pain I ever felt was the loss of my mother in sept 2014 and hardly 5 months later the death of my best friend ever in the whole world. That pain never heals. To watch someone go from strong to weak and there's nothing you can do. You're kinda forced to watch them die. That pain is downright nasty.

When it comes to physical pain I'm very lucky to have a very high pain level. The worst pain I ever experienced so far was when I had a stomach virus. That pain was so horrible I couldn't walk straight for at least a week. It was even worse than the pain I felt when I had appendicitis.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
In my childhood I sprained 2 fingers, and that hurt like heck. Also, when I got my tonsils removed when I was like 4, the recovery hurt so badly. I've had a few too many bike accidents as a child.

One time I was going down a hill, and got my pants leg stuck on the pedal. Now that bike had pedal breaks, so i couldn't break. I slammed into a building and stubbed my toe pretty dang hard.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Nowadays I don't really notice minor physical pains. Moderate physical pains become minor, and large physical pains become a little bit more than moderate. I blame that on two things

- Fencing has hardened me
- I am more or less masochistic when it comes to physical pain

When I was younger, I think the most pain I felt was when I totally scraped up my whole body. I have scars on both arms and my right knee from that.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
dental pain is absolute ass,here's my brief story

now to get right to it, I was a dumb idiot who didn't take proper care of my teeth, my lower right back tooth chipped one time during middle school while i was eating candy, long story short it eventually got infected so I had to have it removed [I was experiencing bad pain from it during 10th grade, I remember the time frame funnily enough b/c i was playing MOTHER 3 for the first time,and I had to stop playing and wallow in pain in the bathroom for a while one time]
so fast-forward to early 2015, my 2nd college semester, by this point the infection essentially created a hole in my tooth since it was rotting it away, come time to have it pulled, they put in some anesthetic in the area...IT DIDN'T F---ING WORK, so I basically had to sit by and let this hack of dentist pull out the infected tooth while he forcefully presses against my face saying "stop making this hard and breath through your nose"...BBOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
the issue was that I had some mucus build up around there so breathing through my nose w/ all the mucus was just not a viable thing; so the infected tooth was painfully extracted...BUT IT WASN'T DONE THERE; from what I can gather, there was still another piece of that same tooth remaining in there since that hole i mentioned earlier rotted away the middle of the tooth or something,essentially splitting it into two, so now this scum dentist works on pulling the 2nd part out, and it was the most horrendously excruciating pain I've ever known, not helped by this jackass pressing against my face and complaining that I was making it hard by not breathing right
YOU KNOW WHAT BOY....

and to add insult to injury,the infection spread to the tooth next to it,so I had to have that taken out as well,and this is why in that one mission in GTAV where one of the methods of torturing this one dude is pulling out his tooth is the most uncomfortable I've ever felt playing a video game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom