• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's the Pettiest Reason You Won't Listen to a Band?

TheGreatCthulhu

The Haunter of the Dark
ZD Legend
Now again, this could be the pettiest reasons imaginable.

It doesn't have to be justifiable, not because it just isn't your thing, but this reason, is why you don't like a band.

I'll start.

For me, I don't listen to Falling in Reverse, and Limp Bizkit.

Mostly because Fred Durst and Ronnie Radke have what I call Bononucleosis, which is a condition which causes an inflation of the ego generally attributed to lead vocalists. Common symptoms include being an ass and failure to acknowledge their bandmates as equals.

The term is named after lead singer Bono of U2, curiously, another reason why I don't listen to U2.

I know I'm being petty, but, this is just how I feel on the matter.

So now it's your turn, what's the pettiest reason you won't listen to a band?

Last edited:
Now again, this could be the pettiest reasons imaginable.

It doesn't have to be justifiable, not because it just isn't your thing, but this reason, is why you don't like a band.

I'll start.

For me, I don't listen to Falling in Reverse, and Limp Bizkit.

Mostly because Fred Durst and Ronnie Radke have what I call Bononucleosis, which is a condition which causes an inflation of the ego generally attributed to lead vocalists. Common symptoms include being an ass and failure to acknowledge their bandmates as equals.

The term is named after lead singer Bono of U2, curiously, another reason why I don't listen to U2.

I know I'm being petty, but, this is just how I feel on the matter.

So now it's your turn, what's the pettiest reason you won't listen to a band?
I don't think them being assholes is a petty reason to not listen to their music. I stopped listening to more than a few artists who turned out to be pieces of ****. Kanye is a good example

MightyMario

The Mightiest Mario
I absolutely despise Buckcherry and Puddle of Mudd because of just how vulgar their songs are.

Jelly Roll is considered rock for some reason, I can’t stand his songs.

Whatever that new Blink 182 song is with the double vocals and sappy lyrics. Blink 182 is an alright band, but that one song immeadiately gets switched off. All the Small Things is great though.

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
Preachiness over causes, I get if something happens like Katrina or Covid, but we paid to hear your music not for a seminar..

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I absolutely despise Buckcherry and Puddle of Mudd because of just how vulgar their songs are.

Jelly Roll is considered rock for some reason, I can’t stand his songs.

Whatever that new Blink 182 song is with the double vocals and sappy lyrics. Blink 182 is an alright band, but that one song immeadiately gets switched off. All the Small Things is great though.
Some time in the 2010s pop punk bands decided that every album needs a piano/acoustic ballad and we really need to stop this. There is a song from that album that is essentially about the same topic, but is actually low key one of their best songs and even has Travis Barker on a double kick set up. I think it was essentially released as the b-side to said other song as well. The nice part about the shortened set list from when I saw them about a week ago was that thry only played the better of the two songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom