• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's the most important meal of the day?

What's the most important meal of the day to you?

• Breakfast

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Brunch/Brinner(Because why not)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Lunch

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Dinner

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other(For people who want ice cream at the middle of the night)

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo (I have my card)
ZD Champion
I’d say Lunch cuz it will get you through the day if you miss breakfast and sustain you till dinner.

Though if you are going to be doing a lot in the morning, you need as Thoreau said, “your furnace going.” (Walden Pond).

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo (I have my card)
ZD Champion
I'm definitely a big fan of front-loading your daily caloric needs.

Meaning, I prefer a big breakfast, big lunch, and a small dinner.

Like everything, not a rigid rule, but moreso a guideline.

Plus, waffles are the source of my powers.
I must admit Chicken Fried Waffles are my Kryptonite…

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)1.png

Uwu_Oocoo2

Just assume I'm lurking (and judging)
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
I'd say dinner. It's typically when you eat the most plus it's the healthiest. I mean, for most people breakfast is sugary cereal and lunch is something processed. After you have dinner you're full until tomorrow. And also for me personally, I don't eat breakfast and half the time I don't eat lunch either. Dinner is just the best.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Unfortunately the way society is structured with most people working during the day means that dinner is the biggest meal and people don't have as much time to burn those calories before going to sleep. I think we wouldn't have as many fat people if breakfast was the biggest meal of the day followed by a medium sized lunch and small dinner. Of course that's only one factor, though, not taking into account how processed food is.

Anyhow, I think breakfast is the most important meal because it ends the fasting we all experience when we sleep and jump starts most people's days.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Unfortunately the way society is structured with most people working during the day means that dinner is the biggest meal and people don't have as much time to burn those calories before going to sleep. I think we wouldn't have as many fat people if breakfast was the biggest meal of the day followed by a medium sized lunch and small dinner. Of course that's only one factor, though, not taking into account how processed food is.

Anyhow, I think breakfast is the most important meal because it ends the fasting we all experience when we sleep and jump starts most people's days.

Meal timing doesn't really have an impact on weight gain when calories are accounted for. For instance if you have a basal metabolic rate of 3000 calories to maintain a bodyweight of 100kgs then if you have a 500 calorie breakfast 500calorie lunch and a 2000calorie dinner then you will still maintain your weight of 100kgs. Likewise if you ate a 2000 calorie breakfast a 500 calorie lunch and a 500 calorie dinner then you would still maintain the same bodyweight.

I think a big trouble is that people don't work out their base metabolic rate and achieve caloric maintenance or (if too fat)even a deficit over the course of each day and each week because it is seen as too much effort.

We live in a part of the world where highly palatable low satiety processed foods are readily available and consumed, therefore eating until full will almost guarantee most people are eating in a caloric surplus.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I think a big trouble is that people don't work out their base metabolic rate and achieve caloric maintenance or (if too fat)even a deficit over the course of each day and each week because it is seen as too much effort.
to add on, exercise also only results in a temporary increase in metabolic rate, so you can't just "burn it off" with exercise. Hunter-gatherer societies today still burn 2,000 calories even with their constant activity. Maintaining calorie intake and reducing stress (cortisol production) might be the two most important factors in weight loss, and as someone who's trying to lose weight, limiting my calories sucks a lot! Especially when I have to be responsible for budgeting and preparing my own food.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
to add on, exercise also only results in a temporary increase in metabolic rate, so you can't just "burn it off" with exercise. Hunter-gatherer societies today still burn 2,000 calories even with their constant activity. Maintaining calorie intake and reducing stress (cortisol production) might be the two most important factors in weight loss, and as someone who's trying to lose weight, limiting my calories sucks a lot! Especially when I have to be responsible for budgeting and preparing my own food.
Hunger can be a big trouble for people when trying to lose weight. High fibre high protein tends to work best to beat those hunger pangs along with plenty of water/green tea. I personally recommend adding psyllium husk into your life if you haven't already. Not only does increasing fibre reduce the risk for all causes of mortality and give the best poops of your life but it is very filling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom