• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's the meaning behind your username?

LadySmugleaf

Love pull me down, hate lift me up.
Well, a few years ago, a Pokemon fourm site pretended to be taken over by a "Lord Smugleaf" as a april fool's day prank. I thought that was hilarious, so i tweaked the title, since I'm a girl, and thus LadySmugleaf was born.

Well, a few years ago, a Pokemon fourm site pretended to be taken over by a "Lord Smugleaf" as a april fool's day prank. I thought that was hilarious, so i tweaked the title, since I'm a girl, and thus LadySmugleaf was born.

I am to this day legitimately disappointed that Smugleaf isn't Snivy's canon name.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Deus is Latin for God or Deity.

I used to go by the name of G-King, a username that was both regal and Gangsta at the same time. What did the G stand for you might wonder? Well, much like the Joker I told a different story to everyone, the true tale being a mystery, even I don't remember anymore as I've told so many different versions.

I went by that name for years but more recently I decided I wanted to go by something a bit more divine. I thought about how this forum has a Satan in residence perpetuating villainy, but there was no God to bring light and goodness to the place and that simply wouldn't do.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
This was the first time I'd used an actual username (my last one, chasemoose, was kinda stupid), so I thought about my Zelda history. When I was young, my brother, neighbor and I would play a Zelda imaginary game, based mostly around MM, and each of us chose a main race from that game that we most identified with. The two actually joined the forum eventually, as ZoraVaati and GoroVolvagia (neither lasted long). So guess what that left me with.
For the latter half of my name, it was a double-meaning. Firstly, it was a reference to the item. Secondly, nut, as in crazy person. So yeah, that's me. I've been thinking about changing my name, but I have no idea what I would change it to (the only other username I use, TriforceP, is even more Zelda-based than this one), so oh well.

Im a dude who prefers to remain nameless and likes to wander and explore the lands of Hyrule in its various forms. Sometimes i like to blend in my favorite two franchises (LoZ and Star Wars) and come up with Adventurer Sunrider (in reference to Nomi Sunrider, one of the most powerful and badass Jedis of the expanded universe).

I used to go by the name of G-King, a username that was both regal and Gangsta at the same time. What did the G stand for you might wonder? Well, much like the Joker I told a different story to everyone, the true tale being a mystery, even I don't remember anymore as I've told so many different versions.

I went by that name for years but more recently I decided I wanted to go by something a bit more divine. I thought about how this forum has a Satan in residence perpetuating villainy, but there was no God to bring light and goodness to the place and that simply wouldn't do.

And here I thought you were named after the final boss of Xenogears!

yahwehinvasionsystem.jpg

Boy, you sure had me fooled!

I love Doom, the game, and the books based on it (pretty obvious). Dash came because back when I played Starcraft 1 on Battle.net the user name Doom was taken, so I added a "-". Eventually had a clan group of friends who all added a dash to their SN's, "team dash". Just spelled it out once battle.net didn't allow symbols, and now its my preferred SN.

Salem

SICK
It's my actual name.

Weren't you originally named Ganon King? I assumed that's what G-King mean't, unless I have you confused with someone else.

D

Deleted member 81859

It's a pun.
Sort of.

"A tessellation of a flat surface is the tiling of a plane using one or more geometric shapes, called tiles, with no overlaps and no gaps. In mathematics, tessellations can be generalized to higher dimensions and a variety of geometries. A periodic tiling has a repeating pattern."
(thank much google search bc I'm lazy)

My classmates called me that in elementry school. I added my personal nickname to the front. Killed off an L. The rest is history.

I used to be really into a show called The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, started using this name and it just sort of stuck, a lot of people think I just really like the food flapjacks ahaha

I had to make a username to join the BestLunchEver forums back in 2010, and i just put in the first things that came in to my head. I liked the pokemon Rayquaza, a shiny Rayquaza is black, and everyone put numbers in their names back then, usually the last two digits of their date of birth, but i put 98 so i didn't seem TOO young (i was 10 at the time >.<)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom