• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What's the Happiest Thing You've Seen in a Zelda Game?

izi

Not A Wizard
I don't know if this is necessarily happy, but I felt a sense of accomplishment when I finally reunited Aryll with her Grandmother in The Wind Waker. I couldn't help but smile!

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
The music box house scene in Majora's Mask. In my opinion, one of the most powerful scenes in Zelda history is with Pamela and her father, I could actually feel the emotion of the game at the point, among other moments in Majora's Mask.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
One of the scenes in the entire Zelda series that has made me extremely happy was Midna's departure at the end of Twilight Princess. I was so happy she was leaving that I literally cheered. I'm not even joking. Just seeing her leave forever at the end filled me with such incredible joy that I just had to cheer.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
One of the scenes in the entire Zelda series that has made me extremely happy was Midna's departure at the end of Twilight Princess. I was so happy she was leaving that I literally cheered. I'm not even joking. Just seeing her leave forever at the end filled me with such incredible joy that I just had to cheer.

I'm pretty sure this thread is talking about a scene that is actually supposed to be happy. Midna leaving was, well, supposed to be kinda sad.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The scene where Cremia hugs Link in Majora's Mask, ya know, on subsequent repeats after you have already beaten the milk cargo sidequest once, is probably the happiest thing I've ever seen. Like, ever.

[video=youtube;4SQvX23fpT0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SQvX23fpT0[/video]

It's a really beautiful moment for me :)

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
The happiest thing I see in a Zelda game in my opinion is when after TP Link finished fighting the Blizzeta boss, literally. When Blizzeta turned into Yeta again, I was relieved and when she hugged Yeto, I felt a nice and warm happiness between them.

Kirino

Tatakae
The scene where Cremia hugs Link in Majora's Mask, ya know, on subsequent repeats after you have already beaten the milk cargo sidequest once, is probably the happiest thing I've ever seen. Like, ever.

[video=youtube;4SQvX23fpT0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SQvX23fpT0[/video]

It's a really beautiful moment for me :)

I don't mean to ruin it for you, but look at where Link's face is...

Anyways, the happiest moment for me is probably the whole ending of Majora's Mask. Everything was really happy, and it was nice to see Skull Kid gain back control, and become friends with Link. The ending picture that Skull Kid drew really made me smile.

Majoras_Mask___The_End_by_ZelosWilder_Marvin.jpg

It was really sweet.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't mean to ruin it for you, but look at where Link's face is...
So? It's natural for Link's head to be in that general area; he's really short compared to Cremia. In fact, I'd say that makes it all the more happy, as it even appears like a mother/son bond (depending on how you look at it that is). ;p
How could I miss that part? Seeing the Skull Kid FINALLY get a few solid friends in his life almost brought tears to my eyes! :kawaii:

Hanyou

didn't build that
Sailing the Great Sea. The sound of the waves at night, the music during the day, and the serene atmosphere made a good portion of The Wind Waker pure bliss for me. Sometimes, I'd boot up the game and just sail when I was feeling down. It didn't hurt to make stops at Dragon Roost and Windfall, which both had an uplifting mood.

The ending of Skyward Sword makes me happy. It's one of the few Zelda games that has a happy ending, but I think it's earned.

I was almost happy when I thought she was going to die earlier in the game, but they tricked me and offed Zelda instead.

That made the ending even better.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I'm surprised to see this hasn't been mentioned yet but Darunia's dance after hearing Saria's Song in Ocarina of Time definitely tops my list:

[video=youtube;vVEQ9TtGFlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVEQ9TtGFlQ[/video]

In my opinion, Darunia is one of the most developed characters in the entire franchise. He changes from scoffing the royal family of Hyrule for sending a young boy as their messenger to acknowledging Link as an honorary member of the Goron race. His new found respect for the Hylian hero is so deep he names his son Link. Later in the game, I was shocked to see Darunia had failed to slay Volvagia and as the Fire Temple was the first enemy lair I completed during the adult half did not expect him to awaken as a guardian. This kindled joy in my heart as Darunia paid his regard once more. No matter how many times I replay Ocarina of Time, Darunia never loses his charm.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
Forgive my predictability, but the reveal of Midna's true form easily stands as the happiest moment that I've personally experienced in a Zelda game. During my initial run through Twilight Princess, I genuinely believed that Midna had perished in the battle against Ganon. You can imagine how relieved I was, then, to see that she had not only survived her encounter, but had also regained her title as the true leader of the Twili. Didn't exactly make the mid-credits sequence any easier to stomach, but there y'go.
tongue.gif

Last edited:
As twisted as this sounds, the happy moments that I love on the Zelda games the most are when Link plays the song of healing for Darmani and Mikau. I know it is really not happy... but if you think about the eternal calm and ease that Link gave them there is nothing but happiness and relief eminating from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom