• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Whats the Difference Between LOZ's OoT Master Quest and Just Regular OoT?

E

Ejay845

The title pretty much says it all, so whats the difference between Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest, and just
regular Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time?

Pikacondon

Title.
I'll answer that for you.In Master quest, the map is mirrored(so instead of to the right, Death Mountain is to the left, but Hyrule Castle is still north). All the dungeon puzzles are more advanced. Enemies do more damage,(and like-likes eat and digest shields/tunics faster) and have smarter AI. So, the Water Temple is even worse, you'll find that the Great Deku tree is actually challenging(at least it was for me,Link actually died once.), and you have to think more in battle. there, those are the differences.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I might be one of the few who actually have NO PROBLEMS with MQ at all. I finished it numerous times. I believe the Spirit Temple is a bit longer correct me if I am wrong and you face more wallmasters and floormasters. There are more puzzles and like people said before it is mirrored (in the 3DS). It depends on what you like or experience yourself but people call it more difficult than the actual OoT game. I found it very easy and was a bit disappointed it wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. But it is a challenge and I say go for it and try it out yourself ;)

The main game and story and overworld are the same, but dungeons are longer and harder. I have not personally played Master Quest, but the basics of it are the following:
Dungeons are rearranged, changed up, and made more difficult.
Difficult enemies appear much earlier. For example, I believe that you start seeing Iron Knuckles in the Fire Temple. I am not completely sure though.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
I feel embarrased now...becuase it took me quite a few tries before I got through the Deku Tree...I blame it on the fact that I oftentimes forget that I have to manually defend as oppsed to the other Zelda games I've played where Link automatically defended when you weren't attacking. Plus, I only had three hearts. <- *n00b*

Anyway, the differences are (based on the 3DS Master Quest):
-mirrored from left to right
-harder Dungeons with harder enemies and more complex puzzles. (I have to go back to the deju tree to get two Gold Skultullas because they are out of reach.)
-the overworld is exactly the same

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The main game and story and overworld are the same, but dungeons are longer and harder. I have not personally played Master Quest, but the basics of it are the following:
Dungeons are rearranged, changed up, and made more difficult.
Difficult enemies appear much earlier. For example, I believe that you start seeing Iron Knuckles in the Fire Temple. I am not completely sure though.

You got that right. When you need the first key there is an iron knuckle waiting for you. But personally I like them and I wished they had many more iron knuckles in the game at all ;)

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
Like said before, the dungeons are changed to be more challenging and longer, as well as the enemies. Most people play OoT first before MQ, so the enemy part isn't as major as it would be if you play MQ first. If you don't want the same story again, that won't matter. It's loads of fun and it is like the ultimate second playthrough.

I'd have said the ability to Google the answer ;)

The whole world map is mirrored, the enemies take more hearts when they hit you, the item layout in the dungeons is different.

Big Octo

=^)
In the original version of Master Quest (for GameCube), the only changes are made to dungeons, the map is not mirrored nor do the enemies do double damage.

In 3DS Master Quest, as you can probably guess, the map is flipped and your foes do more damage.

If you're planning on playing Master Quest, just know that the difficulty of dungeons are completely different. If you had trouble on the Water Temple (which I usually don't), then you am be glad to know that the MQ version is a bit easier.

On the 3DS version, are the dungeons changed a bit like they were on the Gamecube one? Or are the only differences in the 3DS having the map mirrored and the enemies being harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom