• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Zelda Race Do You Believe is the Strongest?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Sorry if there is a thread similar too this....

Anyway I thought it would be interesting to debate about which race do you think is the strongest? By strong I dont mean by phisical strengh but generally which race is the most powerful :) This discussion can include any form of Race from any Zelda game you choose, the race doesn't have to be on paper the strongest but just your opinion =D

Hmm I think I will choose the Twili race, not only does this race have the ability too use dark powers but the Twili also possess the fused shadows a weird but pretty awesome magic power!

Last edited:

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Hylians is my pick.

I think they outnumber every other race in people and seem to have a better infrastructure than the other races I've seen (TP). They also have a political power (monarchy) with some strong soldiers, except for those cowardly TP soldiers. Then lets not forget that Link, the guy that is the savior of Hyrule is also Hylian and as we all know Link is an immortal god that can keep coming back to life no matter how many times his hearts get depleted, so nobody stands a chance!

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
If you're talking about strongest as in physical strength...

Overall, the gorons are the strongest race, capable of punching with the impact of bombs. There is also the biggorons whom I assume have even more strength. I might've considered the Gerudo's because of how powerful (and assumingly strong) Ganondorf becomes, however the G-man has a bit of help from the triforce. I do not believe he himself is capable of being stronger.

If we're speaking strength as in potential...

That would be the Hylians. While the Hylians overall kinda suck, their people have the ability to be great at just about everything they do. Considering two pieces of the legend are always associated with Hylians (courage and wisedom) its kind of unfair. This especially holds true if you believe the Sheikah are apart of the Hylian race. The Hylians are capable of magic, combat, technology and other feats while being advanced in those feats in ways better and faster than the other races. Their people have the biggest influence on the Hyrule. Who did Darunia call for help when the Dodongos cavern was blocked off? Hylians. Who saved Prince Ralis from dying of a fatal illness? Hylians. Who are always the ones considered worthy of the triforce of Courage and Wisedom? Hylians.

Last edited:

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction

Overall, the gorons are the strongest race, capable of punching with the impact of bombs. There is also the biggorons whom I assume have even more strength. I might've considered the Gerudo's because of how powerful (and assumingly strong) Ganondorf becomes, however the G-man has a bit of help from the triforce. I do not believe he himself is capable of being stronger.

If we're speaking strength as in potential...

That would be the Hylians. While the Hylians overall kinda suck, their people have the ability to be great at just about everything they do. Considering two pieces of the legend are always associated with Hylians (courage and wisedom) its kind of unfair. This especially holds true if you believe the Sheikah are apart of the Hylian race. The Hylians are capable of magic, combat, technology and other feats while being advanced in those feats in ways better and faster than the other races. Their people have the biggest influence on the Hyrule. Who did Darmani call for help when the Dodongos cavern was blocked off? Hylians. Who saved Prince Ralis from dying of a fatal illness? Hylians. Who are always the ones considered worthy of the triforce of Courage and Wisedom? Hylians.

Well, it's not like Ganondorf is weak without the Triforce. When the Triforce breaks apart, the pieces go to those who best fit them, meaning Ganondorf didn't get the power he possessed simply because of the Triforce. In OoT, (if memory serves) he was able to take control of Hyrule before he had the Triforce of Power. Not total control, but he did (by my assumption) kill the king, along with anyone who stood in his way. He also possessed dark powers that allowed him to do things like reawaken King Dodongo, infect the Great Deku Tree with the Queen Gohma parasite, and command many monsters. And let's not forget how he blew Link off his feet with a ball of dark magic.

I'd have to say that I agree with Hylians being the most powerful. They seem to have the largest population and greatest amount of technology. They also have a Link.
we-have-a-hulk-avengers-funny.jpg

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Well, it's not like Ganondorf is weak without the Triforce. When the Triforce breaks apart, the pieces go to those who best fit them, meaning Ganondorf didn't get the power he possessed simply because of the Triforce. In OoT, (if memory serves) he was able to take control of Hyrule before he had the Triforce of Power. Not total control, but he did (by my assumption) kill the king, along with anyone who stood in his way. He also possessed dark powers that allowed him to do things like reawaken King Dodongo, infect the Great Deku Tree with the Queen Gohma parasite, and command many monsters. And let's not forget how he blew Link off his feet with a ball of dark magic.

I think you missed this part...

I'd say the Gorons, not becuase they're brutes (OP said not in terms of physical strength) but because they do more branching out as a race than any other. In TP especially they were seen in Castle Town a long way away from Kakariko Village and Death Mountain and they were opening shops, Gorons don't need money from what i can see but a financial backing can open a lot of doors for a small group of... things. They aren't just limited to setting up shops either since again as seen in TP they can become labourers, one such instance is when a Goron (forgot his name) opens a shortcut through the field for you. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for Gorons to be hired as builders etc and help build on Hyrule.

They also seem to be durable, we see a Goron trapped inside the hardened molten rock from Death Mountain that we drop into Zora's Domain to unfreeze it and he seems to be completely unbothered by the water despite loving such hot climates. In Wind Waker the Zoras were forced to Evolve into the Rito, now with a water race like the Zoras you wouldnt expect them to need to evolve if there was suddenly a lot more water, but they did... however the Gorons didn't evolve at all and became traveling merchants so they can in some ways adapt a lot better than other species too. So Gorons all the way for strongest race =]

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
They also seem to be durable, we see a Goron trapped inside the hardened molten rock from Death Mountain that we drop into Zora's Domain to unfreeze it and he seems to be completely unbothered by the water despite loving such hot climates. In Wind Waker the Zoras were forced to Evolve into the Rito, now with a water race like the Zoras you wouldnt expect them to need to evolve if there was suddenly a lot more water, but they did... however the Gorons didn't evolve at all and became traveling merchants so they can in some ways adapt a lot better than other species too. So Gorons all the way for strongest race =]

Interesting point. I find it curious though. The gorons that we see may have had no need to change, but notice how there's so few of them in WW (as opposed to the city full of them in OoT and TP). While this suggests that their individual bodies can survive harsh conditions, they as a race are more than likely dying out. Even the way gorons are presented, vastly separated mysterious strangers giving little knowledge of their backgrounds, makes it seem like they are men of no longer existing cultures. Whereas in TP, the opposite happens and the gorons evolve mechanically, spread out into the kingdom of Hyrule, and help where they are needed. Just food for thought, but I think not evolving is a weakness for the goron race, not a strength.

Last edited:
Interesting point. I find it curious though. The gorons that we see may have had no need to change, but notice how there's so few of them in WW (as opposed to the city full of them in OoT and TP). While this suggests that their individual bodies can survive harsh conditions, they as a race are more than likely dying out. Even the way gorons are presented, vastly separated mysterious strangers giving little knowledge of their backgrounds, makes it seem like they are men of no longer existing cultures. Whereas in TP, the opposite happens and the gorons evolve mechanically, spread out into the kingdom of Hyrule, and help where they are needed. Just food for thought, but I think not evolving is a weakness for the goron race, not a strength.

this is true, they aren't see n much in WW aside form being the merchants with no back story or relevance. but in that same timeline we see that the Gorons survived into PH and ST. though i guess we enter theory speculation when we start wondering if the ones we saw in WW were the ones native to Hyrule's Death Moantain that survived the flooding. ST Gorons make sense because its a new continent and the ones there could be native but the PH Gorons are ones to think about, did the Hyrule Gorons survive or are they different all together that just happened to be there already. interesting times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom