• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Zelda Games Got You Into The Series?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Super Smash Bros Melee ;)

Funny story, i was looking at the character model for SSBM Link and Young Link and wondered what game it was from since SSB link is OoT link and SSBB link is TP link. So I looked up all the Zelda games and stumbled upon a timeline theory and i started researching Zelda and fell in love. <3

However picking a Zelda game would be tough. Either WW or OoT because WW was the first Zelda game i played that i really loved and OoT was the first one i played once i first fell in love after all the research. so one of those two

masterSword2

Smile!
Around the age of 5 or 6 I saw one of my cousins playing TWW. I instantly wanted to find out more about the series, and that Christmas I got TWW. Ever since then I haven't stopped playing Zelda games

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were the first two games I completed, although I *did* play a bit of the Oracle games, so I guess they're what truly got me into Zelda, but it wasn't until The Wind Waker that I knew without a doubt that Zelda was my favorite series, so I have to give it some credit, as well.

OoT, MM, and WW. These are the games that got me into Zelda.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Well technically the first one I played was A Link to the Past, but that was like 10 min at my cousin's house. Didn't really get a chance to experience it. I think watching my older brother's best friend play Ocarina of Time is what fascinated me. I saw him pull out the Ocarina of Time and play Epona's Song and my mind was blown!!! A video game where you could ride a horse?!?! And then he went back in time to play the bomb mini game and I was like whaaaat?? Time Travel...what is this?? THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!

The good old days of being a child.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Um, honestly... What got me into Zelda was Super Smash Bros. on the N64. I know this sounds like a really stupid answer since everybody else is at least naming a Zelda game, but... yeah. XD

R

RoboEmile

the first zelda game i played was link's awakening but the one that really got me into the series was wind waker which is also my favorite zelda game.

ENA-three!

the man from mars
as strange as this sounds, zelda 2. because i got loz when it came out, well, a year or 2 after cuz i was 1, but my dad played it and id watch. then i played it, then i got zelda 2. i never really gave loz much thought until part 2. then i looked for the next one, then the next and they started getting more into stories. i mean, like better stories cuz loz and z2 kinda where basic. but yeah, zelda 2.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Play history: PH - ST - Aol - TP - SS - OoT(3D) - LA - MM - aLttp - LoZ.

I got PH after someone stole a pokemon game out of my DS at a friend's party. In return, my friend gave me PH. That and ST made me think the series was easy. Then I bought AoL at a gamestop. I returned it a day later. Every other game since then I've liked.

Last edited:

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I actually got into Zelda through... wait for it... Super Smash Brother Melee. I know its not even a Zelda game, but it was the first video game I ever played (Believe it or not) They were the two playable characters that stuck out. (I thought Zelda was pretty and that Link was kinda hot :love: ) and after I read about their Characters, I had to wait a few years until the wii an stuff came out. I went finally out and bought twilight princess (since we got a wii shortly before) and loved it! :)

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Spirit Tracks. I bought it as a christmas gift for my boyfriend, who later had an accident, causing him to stay more time in Puerto Rico. He told me to play it and finish it, because he already did, and I fell in love as if almost instantly <3

Haley_Oyo

Winner of Dundies
I vaguely remember being about 7 or 8 years old and wandering into my brother's room one day while he was gone. He had his N64 hooked up and I found a gray cartridge on the floor. I picked it up, put it in, and turned the system on. I heard a horse trotting and then the title came up ''Ocarina of Time'' <3 I think he had gotten it from a GameStop because every file was beaten and they were all under some variation of the name Excalibur (I believe). I didn't bother to delete any files so I just picked one at random and started running around in Hyrule Field. I remember switching Link's tunic to whatever color I was in the mood for, completely not realizing that different tunics were for different locations lol. However, what distinctly stands out in my mind as having hooked me on the series was the music. It just felt so magical to me as a kid and still to this day feels magical. It took a few years for my passion of the games to really take off but I do remember the first time I ever played a loz game and how much it transfixed me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom