• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Zelda Game is the Hardest?

Hardest Game

• Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seasons

• Oracle of Ages

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Undecided

• Total voters

Big Octo

=^)
The obvious answer is Zelda II. Side-scrolling, Nintendo-hard difficulty. Some new players may find the original game difficult as well. Now, if only Zelda games today could hail back to that difficulty...

DarkLink17

Well then
The side scrolling aspect of the game makes it almost impossible to defeat shielded enemies, those damn Darknuts always got me in the end.

So yeah, it's without a doubt, Adventure of Link.

ThrawnTheater

Hylian Grand Admiral
Adventure of Link. I think a more compelling discussion is what is the most difficult game after AoL. I'd say that would be LoZ, considering I actually tend to die a lot playing it nowadays. After playing a lot of LttP, LA, and OoX, I've been used to being able to move diagonally to evade enemies. LoZ locks you into moving in four directions, which causes me to take a lot more hits than I should.

@DarkLink, do you use the jump/slash method to battle the Ironknuckles? If not, definitely look into that, I believe Mases employs that method in the video walk-through here at the site. It's much more effective than trying to battle them normally.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Adventure of Link. I think a more compelling discussion is what is the most difficult game after AoL. I'd say that would be LoZ, considering I actually tend to die a lot playing it nowadays. After playing a lot of LttP, LA, and OoX, I've been used to being able to move diagonally to evade enemies. LoZ locks you into moving in four directions, which causes me to take a lot more hits than I should.

@DarkLink, do you use the jump/slash method to battle the Ironknuckles? If not, definitely look into that, I believe Mases employs that method in the video walk-through here at the site. It's much more effective than trying to battle them normally.
Wait till he runs into those bird knights that jump around and have a shield too.

Ya i'm going to skip saying Zelda 2, because we all know it is, (I'll get you one of these days Thunderbird)

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Adventures of Link. The side-scrolling is NOT the issue, the fact that the enemies are impossibly difficult is. I have plenty of experience with playing side-scrolling games, but no matter what I did, the minute I encountered enemies in AoL I died and then had to go all the way from the beginning. The enemies are fast, you can't seem to find a single way to lash out without losing a heart each time... I eventually just gave up (and I honestly would have liked this game had it been possible to actually kill the enemies and play the game)

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Main quest difficulty:

AoL>LoZ>aLttP>LA>MC>OoS>OoA>FSA>FS>PH>ST>SS>TP>OoT>MM>tWW

ThrawnTheater

Hylian Grand Admiral
Wait till he runs into those bird knights that jump around and have a shield too.

Yup, those Fokka are a pain. Fortunately, although you encounter three in the Great Palace, you only need to defeat one of them. That's the one in the room with the breakable blocks, and you can stand about halfway up, and kill him easily.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Adventures of Link. The side-scrolling is NOT the issue, the fact that the enemies are impossibly difficult is. I have plenty of experience with playing side-scrolling games, but no matter what I did, the minute I encountered enemies in AoL I died and then had to go all the way from the beginning. The enemies are fast, you can't seem to find a single way to lash out without losing a heart each time... I eventually just gave up (and I honestly would have liked this game had it been possible to actually kill the enemies and play the game)

It is possible. But the game does start harder then it should, it eases up quite a bit after you can do that down and up thrusts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom