• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Zelda Game Has Do You Think Has The Best Music?

What Zelda Game Has Do You Think Has The Best Music?
The Zelda series has been known for having good musical accompaniment. And with all of the zelda series the music can change drastically, from the twilight music of Twilight princess to the castle town theme of Spirit tracks. My question is what game has your favorite music? Mine is Twilight princess, but mostly because it was one of my first zelda games.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Wind Waker! I loved the music of Wind Waker, can still hum along with quite a few of the tunes. :)

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Twilight Freakin' Princess! I can remember every song clearly. Now that's what I call a soundtrack, not Skyward Sword's horrible music.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, and The Minish Cap are my personal favorites, with The Wind Waker, Majoras Mask and the original Legend of Zelda following close behind.

Music is one of the things I look forward to when I play a Zelda game for the first time (I'm specifically excited for WW's music).

All of the ones I've played each have some great, catchy music. But I think I'll go with Skyward Sword's epic orchestrated music.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Definitely Ocarina of time and Majora's Mask. Wind Waker is a close second though. Skyward Sword never stood out to me much tbh. I just got the OST for Majora's mask recently, actually, and it sounds incredible when all the songs are just played back to back. I'm sure the same would go for OoT as well. I generally love all of Zelda's music. The only one that didn't stand out that much to me was TP's music. Just didn't stick.

Count SymphoniC

Master of Music and Mind.
As a musician, I feel that each Zelda game has it's own special theme and uniqueness. It's all art, and beauty is in the ears of the beholder. I must say, that what they've been doing with the recent entries really has me impressed. If you go back to the original Legend of Zelda, you'll notice that there really is only about 6-7 songs through the whole game. If you notice in Skyward Sword and a Link Between Worlds, there's more musical variety, dynamics, BEAUTY. SS would have a dungeon with a song that would contrast itself with the dungeon's environments. A Link Between Worlds has multiple variations of overworld themes, and don't get me started on the final dungeon. This is art at it's finest of the likes which I have yet to see in Call of Dooty and Battlewhatever. Art versus commercialized, processed, mainstream, garbage. Long live the Legend of Zelda. :triforcepiece:

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I really should make a list of my top Zelda soundtracks because there are many contenders.

Some of the top dogs that I'll be choosing from (consider this the honorable mentions) are: Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds, Wind Waker, and The Minish Cap, Skyward Sword, and Spirit Tracks. And Adventure of Link… and Phanton Hourglass and Legend of Zelda and Link's Awakening had some gems too… **** that's almost all of them……. ZELDA HAS GREAT MUSIC

Though I think the game with the best has to be my personal favorite, The Wind Waker. Wind Waker has absolutely stellar compositions of music. Some brilliant themes that come to mind are the Opening screen theme/Credits theme, Outset Island, Windfall Island, Molgera Battle, Dragon Roost Island, Earth Gods Lyric and Wind Gods Aria, the 3 variations of the fairy fountain theme (file select, fairy fountain, and Fairy Queen), Pirates theme, etc. All so pleasing and catchy and soo memorable.

2nd place for me has to go to ALBW. It took the already gorgeous, brilliant, and memorable soundtrack of ALttP, totally revamped and enhanced it making it sound even better, and then added on some brand new brilliant music including a theme that is now in my top Zelda songs list: Lorule Castle

Count SymphoniC

Master of Music and Mind.
Though I think the game with the best has to be my personal favorite, The Wind Waker. Wind Waker has absolutely stellar compositions of music. Some brilliant themes that come to mind are the Opening screen theme/Credits theme, Outset Island, Windfall Island, Molgera Battle, Dragon Roost Island, Earth Gods Lyric and Wind Gods Aria, the 3 variations of the fairy fountain theme (file select, fairy fountain, and Fairy Queen), Pirates theme, etc. All so pleasing and catchy and soo memorable.

2nd place for me has to go to ALBW. It took the already gorgeous, brilliant, and memorable soundtrack of ALttP, totally revamped and enhanced it making it sound even better, and then added on some brand new brilliant music including a theme that is now in my top Zelda songs list: Lorule Castle

Wind Waker. When I first played Wind Waker, I was pleasantly surprised. Everyone was complaining because of the cel shaded graphics but DUDE. I was NOT expecting the stuff they did with that game, I loved it. Wind Waker is an all time favorite. The Great Sea theme was just so fitting and adventerous sounding. The game is a work of art, who needs realistic graphics and guns? We have enough of that in real life as it is.

Lorule Castle is a brand new favorite theme, no doubt. It captures the mystery of the castle with a feeling of urgency (stacatto strings and oboe), then it evolves to familiarity with the castle and something epic is about to happen (they added brass instruments here), then it evolves to this big battle is about to happen (the snare drums), then just when you think it can't get anymore epic, they BLOW your mind. Then of course they do it again! I loved it! That's the power of music. They totally outdid ALTTP in every way.

Twilight King

The Actual Hero of Time
"Best"?

I think the music in the series comes down to a lot more than "best". Personally, I think there's a nostalgia branch, an epic branch, and just an altogether fitting music branch that these games could be assigned to. Of course, there are some songs that are exceptions, but I think that TP has to have the most fitting music. It's just awesome riding Epona to take out the King Moblin with that music....

For Epic, and I know people will disagree, I'm going to say SS. Ballad of the Goddess.... every time I hear that, I imagine someone going out to save the world. It's an amazing song, and there are several other pieces within SS that loan to this very well.

For Nostalgia, I'd have to say WW. Even if it's not your first game, you can't play through WW and say "Man, this music is awful". It relates to everyone (It would be hard to find a piece of LoZ music that didn't, mind you), and that makes this game even more magical.

Personal favorite, I'd have to say SS or ALBW because the orchestration is masterfully done.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I have difficulty choosing between Ocarina of Time and Spirit Tracks...but I'll choose Ocarina of Time, because I feel it contributed more to the series.

Therapist Bill

The Pianist
Oh boy, this is like asking me which my favorite sibling is? (obviously my bro George, because his Christmas presents are the best ;) )

No but honestly, the entire franchise has amazing tunes. Although, with a gun to my head, I'd have to choose Wind Waker. The composition and flow, combined with the atmosphere it's played in is just perfect. While the other games had GREAT music, they at some odd times could feel generic Adventure music-esque. Although TWW delivers perfect music for every single scenario that is played! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom