• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds What Would You Want in an Original 3DS Zelda Game?

I know that the title for the next 3DS Zelda game has been released, and that it is a same-but-not-the-same game as A Link to the Past. That's not important right now. Just hypothetically, what would you like to see if Nintendo decided to make a completely original game for the 3DS? Can you think of ways that they could work the 3D capabilities of the 3DS into the game?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Honestly there is one important thing at this stage: making sure the game is in behind-the-back perspective. When the devs were talking about looking over Ocarina of Time 3D to see what capabilityies they could make use of I was specifically thinking about THAT aspect. haha.

After that, free up the game structure with non-linearity and replayable dungeons a la Majora's Mask.

And after THAT? Give us NPC interaction like MM featured, and Groose-like depth like Skyward Sword featured. :yes:

MW7

After that, free up the game structure with non-linearity and replayable dungeons a la Majora's Mask.
Now I want Majora's Mask 3d even more. I just realized how perfect being able to replay dungeons would be in a handheld game since you don't always have lots of time to play.

I think for a handheld game I would like to see a more experimental game. For instance a game half-way between Majora's Mask and Wind Waker (whatever that would be) would sound good. Basically I wouldn't mind them taking chances as long as the core elements of the series stay in the limelight. So basically make sure there are dungeons and puzzles but other than that, go nuts. And nonlinearity and replayable dungeons would be nice as Ventus said.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
A REAL 3D Zelda title. This could always be there to appeal to those who don't like control gimmicks--save some minor touch screen. From there, look where OoT and TP shined and then polish it up some more. After that, either limit sidequests and make a huge main quests or make sidequests as good as Majora's Mask. As overrated as the side characters are, they are still better than the other title's side characters and MM is the only game I make a habit of doing sidequests in my playthrough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom