• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Would You Have Named Link's Bird?

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I always like to go with what the game gives you. If their was a default setting I would do that. If not well I guess I would make some odd name up like Lar or Mar or maybe just use Epona. I'm not that creative.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Ooh, I would have liked to name my bird something majestic and pretty, probably something that corresponds to its color. I keep thinking about the Eragon books, where the boy named his dragon Saphira, after her blue (Sapphire) scales. I would have done something like that. Because Link's Loftwing is crimson, I'd have probably used a name that goes along with red. I don't actually know many names that go along with red, so I decided to use good ol' Google to come up with a few ideas.

Coquelicot: "brilliant red" - This name is rather outlandish and not very graceful, so I wouldn't actually use it. I like the meaning of "brilliant red," though.
Flammeous: "flame-colored" - The names "Flame" or "Blaze" would have been very, very cool.
Haematic: "blood-colored" - The meaning of the name is epic, though I'd probably alter it to something like "Haema."
Piceous: "like pitch; inflammable; reddish black" - "Inflammable" is a pretty cool meaning to have behind a name.

Although, if I had my way, I'd make Link's bird blue and name her/him Saphira/Cobalt (depending on whatever gender I make it). Like many of you here, I'm sure, I might choose to name Link's Loftwing something lewd of funny just because. :rolleyes:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Cobalt is an excellent name, Nicole. I'd pick that no matter the gender and no matter the colour, if we were able. I believe I could rationalise Zelda into the equation, though having the Zelda human (not a play on the user!) and the Zelda bird in the same game would get really confusing (as if that wasn't obvious enough)!

Other jolly good designations in my young mind for the Crimson Loftwing would be Kelly, Kenny, Saphira (as Nicole noted, again despite the colour), Eleanora, and my personal favorite, Hector. Other than those, my oh my I cannot think of other patronymics with which to title the bird!

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
I would've named Link's Loftwing Nohansen, after the King of Hyrule from the Wind Waker. It would sort of fit, as they're both covered in red.... :xd:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom