• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your First Starter, and Why Did You Choose It?

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Well, my first Pokémon game was technically Pokémon Colosseum, but everyone starts with Espeon and Umbreon, so I won't count that. My first REAL Pokémon game was Pearl, and I chose Piplup. Because Piplup is absolutely adorable, and I've always associated myself with water in many video games. I don't think there was much reasoning beyond that.

Pokémon Yellow-Pikachu...obviously.
When it comes to choosing then it was Leaf Green's Squirtle. I chose it because it was cute and Water types are my favorite
Crystal-Chikorita-idk why cuz I don't like Grass types all that much and I'm kinda sorry I didn't pick Cyndaquil
Sapphire-Treecko-rare exception to being a grass type I really like. I didn't like the other and Treecko's evolutionary line rocks!
Black 2-Tepig-because he's an adorable piggy and I like pigs and because I don't like oshawat or snivy and frankly I've kept him as is because I don't like any of their evolutionary lines
Y-I haven't played it yet, but I was so certain that I was gonna pick Fennekin...but after seeing Fennekin's evolution line and seeing how awesome my kid's Greninja is I may change my mind and pick Froakie

Last edited:

Dan

Charmander, because a kid picking out of a turtle, green frog reptile thing and a fire breathing dragon, is obviously going to go for the cool fire breathing dragon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom