• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your First Game Console?

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Simple. What was the first game console you owned?

Mine was a plain fat black PS2, I got it for my 9th birthday. It was very good, and you could barely tell it was pre-owned. I loved the thing, but to be perfectly honest, it was a piece of crap. About two years after owning it, it lost the ability to play DVD's, and it was ALWAYS really dusty on the inside. It finally decided to break today (:kawaii:), which inspired me to start this thread.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Mine was the SNES. My dad bought it when he was in college, as well as some games with it like Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, and A Link to the Past. It became my best friend very quickly from the time I was 3.

Last edited:
Well, the first for me to own was the NES, but my parents had it before I was born. I really never played it--rather, I would watch my mom be all awesome at Super Mario Bros. (she was really good at it). But my true first console (to play) was the Gameboy Advance. I got it for Christmas one year with two games. The games were kinda crappy, though: Stuart Little 2 and Powerpuff Girls "something" :xd:. Well, back then, those games kept me entertained until I got some more. And more... and more... and then a DS! :P

Djinn

and Tonic
zelda_metroid_25th.jpg

Incidentally this was also the device that taught me that I could fix complex electronics by blowing into the cartridge slot and hitting it repeatedly. After that there was much playing of Mario 3, TMNT, and many more games far too complicated to ever get any farther than level 3. I still play the games on occasion, I don't think I will ever get tired of Contra, Mega Man2, or Castlevania 3 no matter how many times I play through or how well I know each level.

zelda_metroid_25th.jpg

Incidentally this was also the device that taught me that I could fix complex electronics by blowing into the cartridge slot and hitting it repeatedly. After that there was much playing of Mario 3, TMNT, and many more games far too complicated to ever get any farther than level 3. I still play the games on occasion, I don't think I will ever get tired of Contra, Mega Man2, or Castlevania 3 no matter how many times I play through or how well I know each level.

Thanks for that picture Djinn.
Nice to see you have a nes.
MM2 is a really good game.Tthe easiest MMgame though.
I have played more or less all of them.

My first console was the Sega genesis got it on my i think 6th birthday, it was a shared console so my sisters, mom and i would play it like all the time. the first game i played was Sonic the Hedgehog, i remember being amazed how my mother could get to the next to last level, it was awesome. We later on got games such as Castlevania, Primal Rage, Pocahontas, Aladdin and the Lion King. After 14 years of having it, it still works, that is one reliable system.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Mine was.... (Duh duh DUH DUN!) the Nintendo Gamecube. I got it for my sixth or seventh birthday. My first game for it was (get ready) a game inspired by Piglet's Big Movie. :D I was six, after all. The next game I got after that was The Wind Waker. Pretty big maturity jump, huh?

My Gamecube is still in very good shape (to the naked eye), and I still use it. My Wii is in my living room (downstairs), and my GC is in my bedroom (upstairs). That way I have consoles on two floor if I get lazy. :rolleyes:

Beeker

Wild Card
Around when I was born, and a little before then, my family had a Sega Genesis. But the first system I ever owned/played was an N64. I still remember playing that system. I also miss it to this very day. After that went Gamecube, then GBA, then DS, then Wii. So yeah, I guess you could say it goy me loving Nintendo. :P

MrLuigi

Theorist
I first owned an Atari 2600 and a NES.
But I really got into gaming with the 64. I have no idea what to get but since the NES (the better of the two) was branded Nintendo, I got the 64.

Moldorm

Is not Error
Before my first NES Christmas, we had an Atari 2600 with several games. Though they weren't near as good as the arcade versions, I have fond memories playing many of the games we had. Of course, once the NES arrived it changed my life forever.

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
Mine was the N64. Originally, I would play my brothers' system, but they didn't like that and usually kicked me off. I ended up getting my own for my eighth birthday in 2000. It's pretty funny, though, that I didn't even realize consoles existed until the N64 was released, even though my brothers owned both an NES and SNES.

Din Akera

Sniper
Great thread! lol, but it is making me feel old.

My brother was into gaming before i was, so he had an atari first, and I did play it a couple times, but nothing big. Then he got a Sega Genesis, and that was the first console I ever actually played. Sonic and Tails. *sigh* oh the memories. First video game i ever truly played. He then got the NES. Mario, duck hunt, and some hockey game. I remember quite well sitting in the basement, plugging away at the levels of duck hunt. lol we sure have come a way in graphics and 'motion control' hey? But the first one that was actually mine was the N64, though those other consoles were in the house, so you can decide what my first console was, lol.

I was so excited to have my own game console that i played as often as I could, but i only had one game: Mario Kart 64. I got so good at that game, that I had won every gold cup and beat the "extra" version (those of you who have beat the game will know what that is), and beat my own ghost records several times. No one wanted to play with me anymore. And then my cousin handed me a copy of a game i had never heard of before, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. And I'm sure you can all guess where it went from there. lol Anyway, that is my story. ^^

LANZZ

Scarecrow
My first game console is Sega Genesis. I'm still playing the games in this console to this very day...

jugglaj91

I am me....
The first console I owned was a original Gameboy. The big fat thing that took 4 batteries and seem to weigh a ton to a child. But I think I also inherited the NES, Genesis, and Atari 2600 as my mom or dad never really played them that I saw. I used to play games all the time as a kid. I never really knew of any other games except the ones we had which were Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, SMB3, Sonic 1 & 2, and a bunch of ones I don't really remember for the Atari. There may have been others but hey I was like 4 or 5 at the time so it's tough to remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom