• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was the Shortest Game You Payed Full Price For?

Big Octo

=^)
Whenever playing and completing a game, I usually refelct on whether it was a valuable investment of time and money or not. Most of the time, I enjoy games that I pay full price for. Other times, though, I've felt like I've been cheated with a bad game, or someties, a very short one. Here lies the question, what was the shortest game you payed full retail price for?

For me, it would have to be Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II. The first game itself was leaning towards the short side, but I still enjoyed it vert much, and the sequel looked promising. I bought it soon after launch and beat it soon after. I was almost shocked by its short total play time, which was essentially three levels that lasted 30-45 minutes. Also, the game would have much more to show for had it been longer. The gameplay was actually pretty fun, but it did not last very long.

What about you?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Battlefield 3 was the shortest game I paid $90 for. I beat hte campaign in ~2 hours. I regret that purchase so much. :/
Runner up is CoD4 onwards. Beat campaign in 3 hours. I don't regret my purchase of the CoD series bar the PC ones.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
The Force Unleashed, it was an alright game but I finished it so damn fast. :/

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, games like Battlefield probably have the shortest single-players but, those are more multiplayer based. So, the shortest game that's more singleplayer-focused would probably be Darkness 2, actually. Great game, but I finished it in just a few hours. I remember it just flying by in 1 evening... was a bit disappointing as it was fun! But yeah, that's the game that sticks out in my mind as being "Is that it??".

DarkLink17

Well then
Probably Contra for the NES. Found it brand new and had to get it. It was as fun and addicting as all NES games get, but I completed it in around 20 minutes.

Salem

SICK
In recent years? I don't know, Arkham City felt really short to me for some reason.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I think Madden NFL 12 was the game I played the least amount, and I pre-ordered that game too. I don't know why I did,I just used to love sports and right after I bought that game my interest in sport started to degrade.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Probably Contra for the NES. Found it brand new and had to get it. It was as fun and addicting as all NES games get, but I completed it in around 20 minutes.

Ya but most NES games were super short, its just if you can actually survive to complete it.

Hmm, this is a hard question for me to answer, I usually only buy brand new games like pokemon or mass effect or skyrim, games I know I'm going to get alot of time out of, but thats more so to the effect those games interest me.

I could retort with something like Sonic Generations or New Super Mario Wii, but I bought those games used, so I didn't really pay full price, and are games worth replaying.

Last time I bought a brand new game that was super short? My mind is drawing a blank.

Hmm, you know I can't actually say i've bought a disappointingly short game new, with in the past several years. But I lack alot of free cash, so I only pick up games I know I wanted.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
For me it would be Fable 3.

I loved the second game and I used to love watching my friend play the first, so when the third was announced I was pretty hyped for it. Even though I wouldn't necessarily say that the first two were amazing games, I liked the charm of them, they just felt unique, compared to other RPGs.

This game though was pretty hyped up through the media and whatnot, so when it came out me and my friends all bought it, completed it within like two days and all sold it simultaneously. This game was such a bad game, not on paper but just the lack of enjoyment, the only positive this game has was that it didn't drag out, so I didn't find it a chore. It felt like huge chunks were missing out the game, the ending part came so quick and then the whole King quest was just awful.

So yeah a big disappointment, waste of money for such a short and un-engaging game, last time I'll listen to Peter Molyneux.

Last edited:
Hmm. Maybe Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles. Granted it was full price at 30 bucks but I was able to beat the main game in only an hour. ;)

Reactions: Dan

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I have not actually played very many short games, and most of the ones I have I payed nothing for. Probably the shortest one that I payed for was Luigi's Mansion. Even with collecting the optional boss ghosts, and getting all the Speedy Spirits and Golden Mice, I can complete the game in ~3 hours. Don't get me wrong, it is one of my favourite games of all time, but it is undeniably short.

Mido

Version 1
I had to delve back into the inner confines of the mind in order to answer the above question.

I'd give this round to two games: Gears of War: Judgement, and Halo 3: ODST.

ODST, I replayed the other night with three other friends over Xbox Live, after a long absence with the game. Now because the four of us were looking for all of the audio files in the game, it took slightly longer than that of the usual time. Nonetheless, the game was about 4 hours in length. A solid experience to this day, in my opinion.

Judgement, I can rant about all day, it being the biggest letdown of the Gears of War series. (But I'm not here for that today! :D) I cracked through the campaign in about 4 hours as well, and the game was, as a whole, pretty easy. Still, the campaign was pretty good nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom