• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What The Skull Kid, Mask Salesman, And Link Have In Common

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
I just watched the ending of Majoras Mask(again lol) like 3 minutes ago, and what the Skull Kid said really made me think.

"Eh hee hee! You have the same smell as the fairy boy who taught me that song in the woods."

...Would the "clone" of the skull kid from Hyrule say that in this alternate dimension? I don't think so....

My second point is the fact that the Mask Salesman disappeared while walking towards clock town. I don't know about you guys, but, NORMAL salesmen do not disappear lol.

Can these two characters somehow travel between Termina and Hyrule like Link? O____O

Last edited:

dumb180

Warrior Postman
I've always assumed that Skull Kid is the same Skull Kid from the Lost Woods because of the evidence you cited. From what I've seen of Skull Kid in OoT and TP, I have little doubt that he could easily climb up and down that portal. He seems to either be very fast or have some sort of teleportation ability.

Tatl and Tael are from Termina (as evidenced by the Bomber Kid's knowing them), but were nevertheless in Hyrule at the start of this game.

Now how the Happy Mask Salesman does what he does is anybody's guess. Remember also that he just abruptly appeared at the start of the game. He almost certainly didn't come through either door. My guess is that he derives this power from some sort of mask, and that he uses this same power or another power to traverse the boundary between Hyrule and Termina.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
It's pretty widely believed that both the Skull Kid and the Mask Salesman are capable of traveling between Hyrule and Termina. I'm gonna not talk about the Salesman right now because I have this really long and complicated theory about him that'd be really hard to explain without just quoting an article I wrote a while back, but in short, the Salesman did say at the beginning of the game that he owns the Happy Mask Shop. No such shop exists in Termina, so he's likely referring to the one in Hyrule. Also, evidence points to him not being human/hylian, and if he's supernatural, he could easily waltz right on through whatever magical boundary separates Hyrule and Termina.

The Skull Kid is confirmed as able to pass between the realms, since the forest Link was robbed in was still on Hyrule's side of the border. There are other similarities between the Skull Kids in both games that points to them being the same being. Other than the familiar smell comment at the end of the game, both Skull Kids are interested in scary masks. Both also seem to value friendship (the OoT Skull Kid wouldn't talk to Link until he played Saria's Song, which is connected to the idea of friendship). The end quote pretty much confirms that the two are one and the same anyways.

There's also the possibility that the portal between the realms isn't exactly exclusive to certain people. Epona passed through nicely, so did Tatl and Tael. It may just be that anyone can pass through the portal, but only few ever find it because it is so well hidden. On Hyrule's end it's in the middle of a creepy dark forest. On Termina's end it's behind giant gated doors in the basement of the Clock Tower. No where does it say only certain people can pass through, but no one's gonna go looking in such out of the way locations for a portal they don't even know exists.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Ah now I'm getting somewhere. I had no idea that Link was still in Hyrule in the woods, I didn't think anything of the iron-clad doors in the basement of the Clock Tower. The salesman still remains a question mark. Too bad no one has the answer...(yet =P)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Hello forums, in answer to this, I agree with the comment listed above, I always believed that the skull kid is the same one seen in ocarina of time, dancing in the middle of the forest, whom link finds a friend in. As for the salesman, he does seem to have an interesting story I wish they would have enlightened me on, but his being shrouded in mystery makes him a dynamic character. I also see him as being the happy mask shop owner in Ocarina of Time though.

:goron: The Seventh Hierarch :zora:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom