• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Remake Should Be Next?

Djinn

and Tonic
After seeing OoT3D in 2011, WWHD in 2013, ALBW (I'm counting it!) in 2014, and MM3D in 2015 it is pretty clear that Nintendo is very intent on rolling out the remakes of past games. Do you think the trend will continue or have they pretty much remade everything that can be remade?

Of these I actually like what they did with ALBW, not a total remake but a new game with the same maps and similar enough dungeons with new ways to play them with updated items and gameplay abilities. I would love to see some more of that in a couple other games. Notably in the Minish Cap or Four Swords Adventures maps.

Something else I would really love to see, a from the ground up remake of the NES Adventure of Link. That game was huge but incredibly limited in its time due to tiny cartridge space and terrible mistranslations. I would love to see a 16 or 32 but remake of that game with much nicer controls, less sliding, a slightly tweaked combat system that did not have you relying on the jump+squat+poke trick to defeat even the most common of enemies and all new dialogue from all the people in the 8 villages you travel to. That game still has the largest map with the most locations of any Zelda game so far which gives it the highest potential for having the most storyline and memorable characters of them all. This mostly forgotten and somewhat hated game could be one of the greats if it was just given a little love.

Sheik

:the:
If I had to choose any game to be remade, I'd probably choose Link's Awakening. It's aged fine and all, especially the DX version, but I think it'd be cool to see Koholint with greatly upgraded graphics and detail. Adventure of Link, as you mentioned, would also be a good contender for a new remake.

Honestly, though, if they ever start remaking either of these games, I hope they'd at least wait a few years to do so, because by the time Majora's Mask 3D comes out, we will have had like... 3.5 Zelda remakes in less than four years. I'd rather Nintendo set their focus solely on new, original games rather than spewing out constant remakes.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Wind Waker was bad enough, but do we really need to remake a game that isn't even 10 years old yet?

I think that Twilight Princess should get a remake, but not anytime soon. The game holds up for the most part, but there are some places that just look awful. The desert transitioning from day to night is a good example. The shading is just bad. Eventually, in a few more years, I think they should remake it. That would look phenomenal.

I don't know, all the older games have been brought back at least once and I wouldn't wanna see the 8 bit games get a facelift. they look fine as they are. maybe a better way to save for the original two.

ich Will

Not very nearfetch'd
Personally I wouldn't mind the Four Swords games placed on one cartridge/disc and made easily accessible for both single and multiplayer. For Wii U the gamepad could come in handy, as could the 3DS' two screens. Preferably the Wii U version would support all the controllers.

Personally I wouldn't mind the Four Swords games placed on one cartridge/disc and made easily accessible for both single and multiplayer. For Wii U the gamepad could come in handy, as could the 3DS' two screens. Preferably the Wii U version would support all the controllers.

Oh! I forgot about those! I've never played em.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
:shake:.....No, I don't think we need any more remakes. It has been said many times before but Nintendo should focus the energy they would otherwise use to make remakes and instead make more original games.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
If we had to do one. . .Link's Awakening.

Unique titles
Unique premise, no Zelda, no Hyrule, No Triforce, No Master Sword. It was Majora before Majora
unique items
Darker tone than others, and it's a sort of overlooked classic in my opinion.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Disagree.

I think with 17 titles in the series, we have enough quantity. Sure, we can use more titles, but they should be put out slowly. What's most important now is quality control and to make sure every game in the series is enjoyable and at it's best. I feel like there are games in the series that have flaws and are not at the best of their ability (like Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks).

What matters most is the Legend of Zelda pedigree and assurance of quality. If it's a Zelda game, it needs to be of utmost quality. If someone who plays the Zelda games, they need to be assured whatever game they play is quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom