• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What OoT 3D Did Wrong

While I disagree with the basic premise of this thread, I see your point. I applaud you for posting your unpopular ideas.

OoT 3D is aesthetically lighter than the N64 original. However, Zelda has never been a dark series, with two exceptions-Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. Ocarina of Time 3D is to Ocarina of Time as The Wind Waker HD will be to The Wind Waker. They are the same game with the remake boasting a few added features and if you prefer the original game for whatever reason, so be it. As you said so yourself, remakes are for a younger generation to experience a classic.

Nostalgia is a powerful force though and I can't help but pop out that old N64 controller for some Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64 at least once a year.

Ocarina of Time 3D furthers Nintendo's goal to make games more accessible through nerfs and hint systems. Does this hinder the remake? Not at all. Does it make it less faithful? Certainly.

Some people might object but Ocarina deserves a place among the best games of all time and Ocarina of Time 3D refurbished the aging gems blemishes. It may lack the sentimental value but is definitely worth a purchase from both Zelda veterans and novices alike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom