• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What new skill would you like to learn?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Forum Dwellers. Is there any new skills you would like to learn whether it be learning something artistic like pottery, taking up a new language, or maybe how to play a new instrument. If so what skills are they and do you have any plans to make these desires a reality? And what might be holding you back?

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Oh gosh, there's a lot of stuff I want to learn in the future.

One of my top priorities is to learn Japanese. I really want to go travel to Japan and check all the awesome stuff it has, like cat island, fox village, Super Nintendo World, etc. I also would like to watch anime without subtitles. So far I've memorized hiragana and katakana, and learned a few kanji. My main focus now is to build my vocabulary, continue to learn grammar, and memorize even more kanji. It's going to take awhile haha

I'm continuing to develop my skills in drawing and writing. Hopefully someday I can make a living as an artist and author.

Someday I want to learn to draw digitally. I could try to right now, but without a drawing tablet it's going to be rough. I tried with a mouse once, it was nearly impossible to draw a good circle, much less a person or animal. But when I can afford a good, quality drawing tablet, I'd buy it in an instant. I'm really excited to draw digital in the future.

Once I do that, I want to experiment with animation. It's one of my dreams to make short fan animations of zelda, avatar, anime, and anything else that peaks my interest.

Also making my own manga would be awesome!! I sometimes think of making a manga adaption of the novel I'm writing currently. But I would have to get better at pen and ink first.

Cooking and baking I'd like to get better at soon, especially since I want to go vegan one day. I'd have to learn to cook my own personal meals and stuff.

Other things like coding, guitar, sewing, cosplaying etc. would be neat to learn too.

Aro

learning something artistic like pottery
Wow, sorry I just thought of Link going and ruining the pottery

Umm, my answer to the question is I am learning piano right now (I’m barely a beginner) and I also want to learn better gaming skills cause I suck. Also I want to learn more maths and sciences. Also I really want to learn 2 language via Duolingo.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Spanish, french, Korean, Chinese, calculus, programming, guitar, violin, piano, sketching, acrylic, watercolor, photography, interior design, anthropology, archeology, zoology, entomology, etymology, Greek, Russian, astronomy, cooking, martial arts especially Muay Thai, archery, pole vault, graphic design, acting, writing, screenplays, 2d animation, 3d animation, woodwork, clay sculpting, video editing, law, skateboarding, game design, public speaking, stocks, oceanology, cartography, physics, chemistry, east European history, bowling, child rearing, horseback riding, swordplay and fencing, education, stage magic, street magic, stunt work, comedy, filmography, storyboarding, symbology, fly fishing, sailing, jet skiing, windsurfing, surfing, fire dancing, boxing, magic the gathering, and calligraphy, just to name a couple

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I've been really interested in watching sculpting videos lately. It's a lot like drawing in the way the body is constructed and everything. I'll probably never actually try it, but if I got the chance I would love to. Other than that it's just learning to draw better, and figure out how to shade and color.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
One of my top priorities is to learn Japanese. I really want to go travel to Japan and check all the awesome stuff it has, like cat island, fox village, Super Nintendo World, etc. I also would like to watch anime without subtitles. So far I've memorized hiragana and katakana, and learned a few kanji. My main focus now is to build my vocabulary, continue to learn grammar, and memorize even more kanji. It's going to take awhile haha
This is one of the skills I would like to learn. I intend to return to Japan and be able to communicate well with the people. Watching anime without subs would be a great bonus too.

Besides that I'd like to learn a new instrument. I play piano but ever since I heard the hurdy gurdy I have been mesmerized by its sound and would love to play one myself. I might just have to settle for a VST for now because the instrument is very expensive to buy and maintain and also would need to be practiced a lot in order to gain a high level of skill.

I'd also like to do cosplay and make outfits. I love comic con and hope to go dressed up sometime.

Wow, sorry I just thought of Link going and ruining the pottery

Umm, my answer to the question is I am learning piano right now (I’m barely a beginner) and I also want to learn better gaming skills cause I suck. Also I want to learn more maths and sciences. Also I really want to learn 2 language via Duolingo.
Screenshot-20220420-230803-2.png

Screenshot-20220420-230740-2.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Aro

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'd like to improve my skills fixing cars, but I'm about to enter that field as my career so that's sorta a given at this point. I'd also love to improve my drawing, get better at drawing people and wolves, as well as my coloring/shading skills, mainly so I can draw my Boo's Pizza OCs. I also wish I was better at finding secrets and doing extra stuff in video games.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I've thought about learning many new skills but ultimately I am extremely lazy and never get around to them.

I would love to learn another language to the point that I become fluent in it. I took Spanish in Highschool but forgot a lot that I learned because I didn't continue incorperating the language into my life. I really underestimated how cool and useful learning a second language could be back then.

I've considered trying to learn 3D modeling/animating because it could be really useful, and would probably increase job opportunities.

I feel like with Chess I could be a better player than I currently am, but I just don't have the time to play or study like I would prefer. I'm at a point with it where the only skills I need to hone are broadening my opening repetoire, and endgame calculation, but I'd have to devote so much time to it to get the results I would like. It's too much time to spend on something that will only ever be a hobby for me. I still would like to build up those skills regardless if I could.

Reactions: Dio

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
For basic stuff, riding a bicycle and swimming.

For more advanced stuff improve cooking, programming, martial arts-ing, and dancing.
Same on this. I can't ride a bike or swim either, but I'd really like to learn how. I should also learn how to make things besides microwaves foods at some point.

I want to pick studying flute back up sometime. I've owned a flute since I took band class one year in middle school, and might still have a flute book lying around somewhere as well, but I always got really lightheaded when I played flute for extended periods of time so I'm scared it'll trigger a migraine if I start trying to play it again, so I haven't played it really since I started getting migraines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom