• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What new franchises have you gotten into lately?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Whether it be a series made in the past console generation or an older one you played for the first time, what new franchises have you played in the last couple years that you became a fan of?

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
I've been on a new franchise spree lately. For now I'll mention that I'm really enjoying Final Fantasy VII so far.

The only one I have that fits this is Tales.

I really haven't delved into any other IP recently as hard as I have with Tales. But I played my first Tales in 2015, which is now over half a decade ago...

Still, it was a slog buying the copies available in Europe since a few of them are rare and they're such long games that I've been playing some of them for the first time recently, so I'm still burrowing into what's available as more releases.

I've beaten everything available to me now at least twice though, cept that one rare game on the Vita. I don't have a Vita and buying one plus the one missing Tales game would get me well into the triple figures and it isn't worth it.

Still... Tales is my answer.

(I did play the first two Halo games recently but I didn't vibe with them enough to call myself a fan of them)

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Rune Factory - First found this series by trying RF4 on my 3DS early last year. Loved what I played and bought 4 Special for my Switch. At some point I plan on exploring more of the franchise. It's such a charming series.

Fire Emblem - Found this one through Smash. Played Awakening early last year as well and have been hooked on it ever since. I've played most of the series at this point, actually. My entrance into the SRPG genre as well.

Trails - I was introduced to the Trails series of RPGs through a friend on SF. Didn't do much about playing them until the latter half of last year. As the walls of text in my blog and comments elsewhere can attest, I've come to adore this series. FC and SC alone are some of the best games I've played. It's in my top 3 video game series I've played, without a doubt.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
In the past couple years? Well, I got into FromSoft's games in 2019 when I decided to try Dark Souls on the Switch. I bought Persona 5 when I first got my PS4 a little later that year and was immediately hooked. I bought a PS Vita just so I could play P4G. I also got into Final Fantasy around that time. I had tried Final Fantasy before, but I never really got into it 'til I played XV. If we're talking more recently, I just started playing the Bravely Default games and I'm enjoying them so far.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
In the past couple years? Well, I got into FromSoft's games in 2019 when I decided to try Dark Souls on the Switch. I bought Persona 5 when I first got my PS4 a little later that year and was immediately hooked. I bought a PS Vita just so I could play P4G. I also got into Final Fantasy around that time. I had tried Final Fantasy before, but I never really got into it 'til I played XV. If we're talking more recently, I just started playing the Bravely Default games and I'm enjoying them so far.
Dark Souls Remastered on switch, then two years later I'm decked out with a PS4 and the full fromsoftware collection
fantastic devs, fantastic games

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i played my first atelier game 2-3 years ago and have been gradually working through them since then

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
It may be cheating, but I've been playing a lot of Hitman 3 lately. Although I own the previous two games in the series, they never really clicked with me, nor did they really keep me around for an extended period of time. Hitman 3 is the first game in the series where I really experimented and messed around and replayed the levels that the Hitman franchise wants you to.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
ok I'm definitely saying Yakuza now since I'm certainly going to be getting the rest of the games in the series in the near future

Gravity Rush too even though we probably have seen the end of it, and I took a liking to Grandia too

and I'll echo alit w/ Panzer Dragoon, I'll be on the look out for the 2nd remake

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom