• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Nationality are you?

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Texan and proud. Never met one who wasn't.

Pros about Texas:
-home of the friendliest people you'll ever meet
-is universally recognized by people of all nationalities (when travelling there are two types of people from the US those who say they are from the US and Those who say they're from Texas)
-We shape just about everything into the shape of our state.
-home of the Best BBQ anywhere
-Is energy independent from the rest of the US. Texas is primarily on its own power grid with a few border communities on the other US grids..
-Is the best state ever

Cons about Texas

- I can't seem to think of any.
;-)

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Texan and proud. Never met one who wasn't.

Pros about Texas:
-home of the friendliest people you'll ever meet
-is universally recognized by people of all nationalities (when travelling there are two types of people from the US those who say they are from the US and Those who say they're from Texas)
-We shape just about everything into the shape of our state.
-home of the Best BBQ anywhere
-Is energy independent from the rest of the US. Texas is primarily on its own power grid with a few border communities on the other US grids..
-Is the best state ever

Cons about Texas

- I can't seem to think of any.
The thread is asking about countries and you posted about Texas. Just what I'd expect a person from Texas to do. :P

I'm American and I'm severely annoyed. I don't hate America but it's full of people who are so blindly and obnoxiously patriotic that it made me sick of patriotism. The media sucks. Fox News and CNN are some of the worst offenders. I also don't like that this country is full of people who refuse to admit or accept that our country is still running rampant with problems like racism and sexism and other civil inequality issues. I'm also sick of the military worship that goes beyond sane levels and most of all, I'm sick of the attitude that questioning things like the blind patriotism and military worship means you hate America.

So yeah, I don't hate living here but the idea that America is the greatest country in the world has long since become a stale lie.

ABC

It's not all it's cracked up to be.
I feel like that's an unfair statement. I absolutely love Americans, while they can be crude at times, I've also found that Americans have a certain charm that no other nationalities have. Having been to America and met many Americans, I've come to love their outgoing and diverse personalities. I honestly would love to spend the rest of my life living among Americans and maybe even one day become an American myself.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I live in Canada, British Columbia to be exact.

Overall, I quite like living here. Like everwhere, it has its pros and cons, but I think Canada is generally a highly favourable place to live.

- Probably my favourite thing about this country is its people. Going along with the popular Canadian sterotype, the vast majority of Canadian residents are really polite. There are still criminals and aggressive big city folk, but in general, the people are really nice.
- No matter where you go, it still somehow seems small and compact. Even the big cities often don't have the "big city feel" of most American cities. You can usually find anything you want within a small radius and the populations are still low enough so that there aren't very high population densities.
- The climate is pretty nice. Contrary to popular belief, it is not always extremely cold here. In fact, in most of the population centres, temperature extremes are rare. Summers rarely get too hot and winters are generally pretty mild. It's only when you start traveling up north and on the prairies that it gets really cold, but even then it's not all that bad. In fact, on average, Canada probably has a more favourable climate than most American cities.

Most of Canada's drawbacks, though, are ones that affect the country as a whole, and some are very influential on people's opinions on the country.

- The economy could be better. We're probably ahead of the US (arguably) on this, but there is still a lot of room for improvement. Speaking as somebody who currently lives in the most expensive province, the cost of goods is too damn high, and it's just getting higher. To put it into perspective, minimum wage where I live currently stands at $10.50/hr, and a lot of people are still struggling to be able to make a living.
- Every single goddamn thing the ****ing conservative government has done over the past 10 or so years.
- The excessively high immigration rates. I like how Canada is one of the most racially diverse countries in the world, but I don't like how foreign cultures have, in a lot of cities, almost completely overtaken our own. I walk around neighbourhoods and see not a single white person around; I walk around malls and see not a single white person around; I ride public transit and see not a single white person around. I have no problem with immigration, but there is a certain point at which it starts getting a tad excessive.

Overall, I don't think Canada is all that much different from the United States. People just claim that the US is so much worse, but most of the time those are blind claims, and in the grand scheme of things, a lot of the problems with either country apply to both. Same applies for the good things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom