• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What moment will you always remember during a playthrough of the Zelda games?

Specifically, a cut scene, or a really hard boss battle, or a moment where you just stopped and stared in awe at the beauty of the game. Mine would have to be in Wind Waker when I first went into temple of time and it had the gray scale tone and everything was frozen. I just explored and felt so compelled by the somber tone of a kingdom that once was.

It was in Twilight Princess when Link first enters the desert. Midna places her hand on his cheek and finally opens up to him.

oh cool! I've actually never played Twilight Princess (I know, I can't believe it either) but hopefully I will soon and I will look out for this moment!

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Ocarina of Time, when Link is leaving the forest for the first time. Specifically Saria's goodbye. Just, that scene... saying goodbye to a childhood friend, and her giving you a last parting gift. It's a simple scene, but sad one.

Last edited:

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I really like the cutscene in Twilight Princess immediately following collecting all the Tears of Light in the Lanayru Province. It's really compelling, dealing with not just backstory, but also themes such as morality, temptation, corruption, and abuse of power. Not to mention that the entire cutscene is extremely creepy, and to top it all off, Link's facial expressions towards the end of the cutscene reveal his realization that he could be doing something terrible by collecting the Fused Shadows, but at the same time, doing so may be necessary.

I really like the cutscene in Twilight Princess immediately following collecting all the Tears of Light in the Lanayru Province. It's really compelling, dealing with not just backstory, but also themes such as morality, temptation, corruption, and abuse of power. Not to mention that the entire cutscene is extremely creepy, and to top it all off, Link's facial expressions towards the end of the cutscene reveal his realization that he could be doing something terrible by collecting the Fused Shadows, but at the same time, doing so may be necessary.

Man, I need to play this game! You make it sound so epic! haha

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The very first time after Link completed to collect all tears in TP. The moment when the spirit appears. It was beautiful. So beautiful and amazing. I didn't like collecting the tears but I did enjoy the cutscenes after when the spirits appeared in their true form to him.

Another magical moment was in OoT when I first heard Gerudo Valley Theme. I didn't do anything but listened to the music because it was and still is my fav soundtrack of all time in the Zelda franchise and probably all of gaming.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Probably Twilight Princess and the opening scene. There's just something about it, I had never experienced a proper Zelda game before, so maybe that has something to do with it. The music was enchanting, mysterious and creepy. The setting looked beautiful and seeing how big and open the game looked really just drew me in. I mean this was before I had even started the game and I was already blown away.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
A lot of mine come from OoT. While its not my favorite game, I was there and really into Video Games during the transition into 3D. I loved Zelda so much already, and I still am bias to the 2D format, but that transition to 3D was so awe inspiring. After an hour or so in the Forest, then finally leaving and that first time you see the open world in a 3D view. Then I would have too say getting Epona, it was just awesome cuz till OoT I had though about how cool it would be to have a horse in a Zelda game. My final inclusion would have too be the first time I got my hands on the hook shot in a 3D Zelda/OoT. I loved the hookshot in ALttP, and when I got it in OoT, it was so much more. No longer was I only using it too cross gaps. I was finally using it too climb and reach all matters of areas you couldnt reach otherwise.

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
Last October when I finally got to play OoT for the first time!!! As soon as the game turned me loose in Kokiri Forest, I knew I was in for something special!!

Hm. Might be strange, but I've always found the first trip up Death Mountain and the advance to the Mountain Tower in A Link to the Past really memorable to me. Right then feels like when the game's actually starting to pick up. You have nearly full access to all of Hyrule at this point. Your boomerang is sharp enough to cut signs, and your sword is not. One pendant to go. You're almost to the Master Sword. First time seeing the Dark World. It's perfect, and just thinking about it is flooding me with nostalgia.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
timetravel-thumb-418x242.png

navi-leaves-link.png

Ocarina-of-Time-Ending-Scene.jpg

The feels are strong with this one. :kawaii:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Yeah thats another one I forgot too mention. That first time in OoT when you pull out the master sword, and see Adult Link for the first time. That was one of the coolest video game moments ever in my eyes!

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
All of Majora's Mask

Probably either when Link goes up into the moon or when Anju and Kafei are reunited. It really is difficult to pick from a game so chock-full of memorable moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom