• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Makes Your Favourite Dungeon Better Than The Rest?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Zelda is a series that has always had a key focus Dungeons, they are a stellar addition and key to any installment. There have been multiple Dungeons through the sixteen main games in the series, and many a debate over which one tops them all.

So what I want you guys to do discuss here, is justify why your favorite Dungeon is above the rest. Essentially, what gives it that edge? What did it do that others maybe didn't?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't even have a favorite temple anymore, I just beat stuff and...yeah. But, let's go with Skyward Sword's Skyview Temple and call it my favorite.

What I like about Skyview is that it makes you search all over the place. There's a pool of water in the room previous to that main central room? Well, it's your job to navigate it! Find holes and logs, if you get stuck search for some vines, etc! Now, OoT's Forest Temple has some of this but not to the extent of Skyview; that I think is a bit true.

Big Octo

=^)
I wouldn't say that it's better than the rest, I just enjoy it the most. It doesn't have to be a greatly amazing dungeon to be my favorite.

MW7

The Water Temple is my favorite dungeon because it has a large amount of freedom and makes you think. It is arguably the most nonlinear 3d dungeon ever. Sky Keep may have outdone it in terms of amount of player choice, but the water level mechanic has confused more players than probably any other puzzle element in the series. The Water Temple is one of two 3d dungeons that can be completed with a leftover key (Hyrule Castle in TP is the other) which means that you can choose to skip any single key and still finish the dungeon. Also I have to mention that the Water Temple has Dark Link who provides an awesome challenge.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I choose the Stone Tower Temple. It has Link flip reality upside down. I mean you walk along a narrow path with the earth above you and the sky beautifully placed beneath you. The entire temple is filled with creative ideas, challenging and unusual enemies, and a simple sense of bizarre wonder. Stone Tower Temple tops the Water Temple for me to be best dungeon in the series.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I like the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time because the puzzles get you thinking, but it's not too hard. I also love the mini bosses in that dungeon, the Poe Sisters. I don't really know how to explain it, I just think the way you battle them is cool. You either shoot 3 paintings or solve a block puzzle until they come out to fight you, and then there's the purple one with 3 clones. The final boss is amazing too, even though it's a pretty basic battle.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
OoT's spirit temple.

It had atmosphere.
It was also 2 dungeons in one effectively.
It hosted one of my favorite bosses of all time.
It had multiple iron knuckles.
And the entire region surrounding the temple had the best sound track in the game that just really set the scene.

B4 I list my fav I am going to list what I think a dungeon needs to be great.

1) great music to set the atmosphere
2) Semi Challenging to Challenging puzzles
3) Semi tough to tough enemies
4) a cool item (may not apply to all dungeons)
5) a cool boss

Ok mine would be either the Forest temple or Spirit temple from OOT.

They both have BGMs that accent and almost describe what they are. The puzzles in the dungeons can be pretty tough for new to moderately advanced players. Some of the enemies can be tough. (forest temple as an intro to some enemies like the stalfos esp. as a mini boss and the iron knuckles in the spirit temple can cause a heart ache). The Bow is always awesome and the Mirror shield is beasty and the way it is used it great. And both of the bosses are really cool. Phantom ganon flying around the pictures can be pretty tough if you are not quick enough and he looks awesome. Twinrova is an interesting idea that was used well with the mirror shield and can be difficult if you are not paying full attention to the element they are throwing at you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom