• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What launch titles do you expect for the next Nintendo console?

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Launch titles are a make it or break it thing. In order for a console to be successful it needs to have games to play. Sometimes those launch titles contain one of the most widely praised video games of all time like the Wii and N64. Other times it’s the 3DO system, which released with a single game, ironically titled “Crash N’ Burn.”

Regardless of your opinion on BotW, there’s no denying that it was an excellent game to launch the Switch with. Nintendo needs to come up with something equally impressive for the upcoming console. What do you think that title will be?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I think it depends on whether Metroid Prime 4 has been quietly canceled or not. If it hasn't then I'd expect Prime 4. If it has then I'd expect some version of Prime 2. A remaster isn't exactly a hot ticket item, but it's something to put on the shelf.

I also wouldn't be surprised by $60 ports of TPHD and WWHD. Of they don't come out at the launch of the next console then I doubt they'll ever happen.

I fully expect a gimmick game to showcase the capabilities of the new console as has been tradition since the Wii.

I'm torn on if we'll see an enchanced Tears of the Kingdom at launch. That would be an easy cash cow.

Metroid Prime 4 is perfect for a cross-gen launch but no gameplay yet makes me seem it's unlikely.

So I really feel like either a Mario platformer or Mario Kart has to be the system seller at launch.

Guinea

Basically Tingle
My uncle works at Nintendo and he said we can expect Metroid Prime 4 as a dual release, a new Donkey Kong Country, a new F-Zero and a new 3D Mario. Also he claims the Switch 2 will be backwards compatible and will start off with the entire Switch library on its eShop. He left his breifcase the other day and I went through it, finding even more launch titles (mostly ports): Zelda WW/TP HD, Paper Mario 3-in-1 (Sticker Star, Super and Color Splash) and to my surprise, a brand new Mystical Ninja Goemon game.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I wonder if they'll try a nintendo sports game again, but either way probably a technical showcase game (hopefully something akin to nintendo land)

a mario game but not too sure on the next big 3d one, maybe a kart or mario maker 3?

and metroid prime 4 makes sense as that more "hardcore" option to have at launch

last quick guess is a complete edition of a previous game w/ all the dlc, I'll go super smash bros ultimate

DarthCreeper10

mowing my life away
ZD Champion
My uncle works at Nintendo and he said we can expect Metroid Prime 4 as a dual release, a new Donkey Kong Country, a new F-Zero and a new 3D Mario. Also he claims the Switch 2 will be backwards compatible and will start off with the entire Switch library on its eShop. He left his breifcase the other day and I went through it, finding even more launch titles (mostly ports): Zelda WW/TP HD, Paper Mario 3-in-1 (Sticker Star, Super and Color Splash) and to my surprise, a brand new Mystical Ninja Goemon game.
what :crylaugh:
but seriously, a new 3D Mario game seems like a gimme. The Switch had Oddesy which was one of the best Mario games and the last one we saw was a release of 3D land.

MW7

I think the main release will be a 3d Mario game. Super Mario Odyssey came out in 2017, and it seems impossible to have a brand new 3d Zelda although we could see re-releases.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I’ve said before, but I don’t think that a 3D Mario is all too likely given that a lot of the 3D Mario team was working on Wonder. I doubt they can make a new 3D Mario in 2 years tops.

Also, the real question with Prime 4 is whether or not it will be a dual release on Switch, even if it does release as a launch title. My bet is that it won’t be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom