• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Kind of Zelda Player Are You

Master

Upcoming
I am those type of people who do this in order when playing through a new Dungeon :

1.Play for 30 - 90 minutes in that Dungeon

2. Die in a stupid way

3. Get Pissed off

4. Throw the Remote to floor

5. Remote breaks

6 . Goes to Gamestop

7. Buy a new remote

8. play through the dungeon , again

9. play 30 - 40 minutes in that dungeon

10. beat the boss

11. save the game

12. go to sleep

AND REPEAT

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I always choose the name Link, I read everything everyone has to say and watch all the cutscenes. I mess around for a while getting to know the land, people and controls. Then I start to explore everything before I move on and do everything that needs to be done at the moment. I make sure to kill every enemy I see because It's fun and would be boring not to, and when it comes to dungeons, I make sure to kill everyone in sight and break pots, explore and backtrack a lot in case I missed something. I also play doable minigames and sidequests, and when I'm done with the game, I explore a lot more and try to find all the items I missed and do more minigames and sidequests. If I can't find all the items or don't know how to get one, I use a guide just to make sure I have everything that is important and collectible in case I missed things in dungeons and other places. And finally when I am completely done, I mess around killing enemies exploring and redoing the ending multiple times or I just go for a quick meaningless replay and most likely don't finish because I feel another game needs my attention until the next Zelda game. Then when a new Zelda game nears, I play Zelda games I haven't or replay a very classic Zelda game like Ocarina of Time or just play/replay all the Zelda games as a series.

Last edited:
S

Souldier

I'm more like the assassin style, like killing every enemy I can from behind or stunning them or killing them with the bow (it's not that I'm bad at using the sword, actually I consider myself pretty good with it, but I prefer to save the hearts for the mini-bosses and bosses themselves)

STEVEN

Flat The Court Composer
poll

Ok cool I just spent the last 1\2 hour reading all of these can anyone define them all in 3 or 4 styles so we can make a poll.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I name my character Link the first time I play. I read EVERYTHING so I don't get lost and have to resort to using a guide any more than I usually do. I always try to get as many hearts as I can as well as any other items. In dungeons I enjoy slashing up all of the monsters and solving the puzzles, inevitably getting frustrated along the way. Then I fight the boss one or twice. And repeat.

I, absolutely NEVER, use a walkthrough when I'm stuck. I always try to go 100% in every zelda game but, eventually, I always give up trying to find that last heart piece, and those 5 poe souls. I can't leave a chest unopened in a dungeon, and I always try to kill all the enemies in the area. When I'm prompted to give a name, I always give "Link".

I sing the Zelda songs in the bath (my favorite is Dark World, from LttP), and every triangle I see in real life looks like a piece of the Triforce. Skeletons are Stalfos, bats are Keese and chickens retaliate.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I like to get as many upgrades as possible, as soon as possible. For example, I always get Biggoron's sword as soon as I become an adult, before even fighting the Forest Temple. And I just played LoZ and always got the blue ring, blue candle, big shield, and as many heart containers as were available before entering the first dungeon. Exceptions occur when I'm poor at the challenge required to get the upgrade - see most archery challenges in OoT and MM.

I always aim for 100%, but don't stress too much if I don't get it. For example, I always aim to get all the poes in TP, but if I'm missing five at the end of the game, I just skip to the end. Another reason I get as much as possible is that I'm also one to skip warping and just wander from place to place because it makes me happy. Looking for secrets/upgrades gives me something to do when I'm having a busy day but just want to wander around Hyrule for fifteen minutes.

I can have difficulty deciphering even the most obvious clues. Like in Minish Cap, there are signs that say "Don't bomb here, this rock is weak." I think, "Hm, if I bomb there I will get caught in a rock slide and lose health." Halfway through the game I realized you're actually supposed to do the opposite of what the sign says. Thanks to moments like this, I'm not against walkthroughs, but I like to sit and stare at a puzzle on my own first and use it as a last resort. Oddly, if it was something really easy or really hard it bugs me less than if it was medium difficulty. With something easy I figure I was just having one of my moments, and with something hard I figure it would have taken me ages anyway. Medium difficulty I know I could have gotten it eventually and had the satisfaction of figuring it out on my own, though.

Flagpole

I'm back!!
I'm a rather balance zelda player: I do like fighting enemies, but I love to solve puzzles, though I'm more on the puzzle side... Though even I like more solving puzzles than fighting enemies, I love to fight, and, for example, have beaten most five LA's dungeons in less than two hours (I'm in the sixth one, and I do know it is normal to beat that dungeons too fast).

Often are my characters named Link, Flagpole, Martog or Kaleff.

Most of the times I leave sidequests, trading quests, etc. undone until I beat the game, then i try to aim for the extra stuff.
I'm also a very slow player, that meaning my Zelda games can take me more than a year, and rarely less than a month or two, as I liking taking ym time in videogames, not rushing through them.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I'm... the very-concered-about-health-and-rupees type. I always break pots for hearts, and I always try to get a lot of rupees. I always plan ahead, to make sure I have enough health and rupees. I'm pretty good with puzzles, but sometimes I just have to use a walk through for things I could never get, which are always the obvious.

I

Indridcold85

My wife says I am a sucky one. I think of myself more of a run and gun, die, repeat....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom