• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Item Are You Looking Forward or Would Like to See in the Game?

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
Personally, I'm really looking forward to using the whip, I think they could make it really unique and incorporate it into some cool puzzles. The beetle is also looking to be a pretty cool tool though. But most of all, I want to see what Link uses the Lyre for.

An Item from a previous game I would like to see put in would be the ball&chain from Tp. I loved smashing things with it. :)

Well, there are not many items revealed yet, so I'm going with the beetle, it looks like it will be necessary for many puzzles throughout the game.

As for an item from previous games, I'd like to see a hammer again. The Megaton Hammer making an appearance would be awesome.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I'd like to see something along the lines of the Spinner. It could be made more complex by the Wii Motion Plus by adding tilt sensibility. It would make it's use a bit more strategic (it wouldn't hurt if they give it some more use, either :lol: ).

That, or the Beetle upgrades. If there's more than just lifting things, It would be cool to see that.

biggorons word but its impossible for it to appear unless broken gorons sword was a form of biggorons sword. but for items the lyre because it looks like shieks lyre from OoT

i want to see the pegsus buts return, it could be used for some nice platforming sections and as a weaponed: you can slam into enemies with shield to break the shield and stun them

I can't wait to see all the Beetle's functions. It's sure to be awesome. Though, it's very likely I'll change my mind when new items are revealed. As for items I'd like to see in the game: Pegasus Boots. Their function might be a tad different in a 3D Zelda; their purpose would likely have to do with the Dash Meter(?) (perhaps reducing depletion).

IHNo

The Other Side
As for an item from previous games, I'd like to see a hammer again. The Megaton Hammer making an appearance would be awesome.

Yes! I'm hoping for some form of a hammer in this game, even if it isn't specifically the Megaton Hammer. Could you imagine using WiiMotionPlus with that item? WHAM! Maybe, since swinging would be even more precise, you could swin down vertically to have Link hammer the ground/switches, and you could also swing horizontally to bash enemies (or maybe even switches on walls). Man, that'd be so awesome!

Also, I'd like to see the Mirror Shield (pretty please, Nintendo!). In the game Link will eventually get a hold of the Hylian Shield, which is only vulnerable to magic (I suspect), so the wooden and iron shield would be held pretty useless after you obtained it. Perhaps, if the Mirror Shield was implemented, it would be able to stand up against magical attacks (and of course reflect light), but be more vulnerable to regular attacks from various enemies. So there would be a nice balance between it and the Hylian Shield. Of course, having such a balance may make the game too easy....rrr.

G

Guru Guru3

Yes! I'm hoping for some form of a hammer in this game, even if it isn't specifically the Megaton Hammer. Could you imagine using WiiMotionPlus with that item? WHAM! Maybe, since swinging would be even more precise, you could swin down vertically to have Link hammer the ground/switches, and you could also swing horizontally to bash enemies (or maybe even switches on walls). Man, that'd be so awesome!

Also, I'd like to see the Mirror Shield (pretty please, Nintendo!). In the game Link will eventually get a hold of the Hylian Shield, which is only vulnerable to magic (I suspect), so the wooden and iron shield would be held pretty useless after you obtained it. Perhaps, if the Mirror Shield was implemented, it would be able to stand up against magical attacks (and of course reflect light), but be more vulnerable to regular attacks from various enemies. So there would be a nice balance between it and the Hylian Shield. Of course, having such a balance may make the game too easy....rrr.

Exactly my thoughts. i would like to see a hammer, because i liked it in OOT and in WW. And now with the Wii motion plus it will be even more awesome

Hmm... Not sure if a hammer would fit with the controls, since the hammer must be very slow and we move the controller fast.

I think that this game is going to have fewer items than TP, but with more ways of use for each of them. One of the reasons to this is because it's hard to refine the controls, plus it match with what I think it's going to be the "philosophy" of the Sword - of evolving it, gradually, along the way.

Instead of reaving a completely new item every now and then, we may have a upgrade for an item every time. Exploring more deeply each item - and refining them better too -, again it's quality over quantity.

That being said, I'd like, more than any specific item, to have every one -or at least almost- of them to be upgradable.

I'm interested in the new mechanics of the slingshot maybe it will finally be useful. Also the bow I'm interested in since it will be used differently then before.

Id like to see a wrecking ball function for the beetle. You could kill an enemy holding a ball and chain, (with a handle at the end of the chain) the beetle could pick up the handle, and you could use the ball dragged below it as a wrecking ball!

Amazing!

Giving the beetle too much combat capability may make the other ranged weapons more useless. The Beetle already has a lot of spotlight and the advantage for not wasting ammo and for being easier to aim, and for that it is going to be used 99% of the time for activating switches and scout around. And already has the ability to drop bombs, which can be very useful in complicated battle scenarios, like a cave of ordeals.

I'm more curious on how the whip is going to be used now. it can take enemy's weapon? I can't remember from the 2010 demo. Would be cool for tripping and drag the enemies by the leg too. I hope that it's range is good enough so that it's not to risky to use.

And for new items I don't have any good ideas that match well the 1:1 controls and the context of the game. I'd say a boomerang that plays like the Frisbee mini-game in wii sports resort, but that would be ****ing hard to use and the beetle already get the job done.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I don't really know. The Beetle looks fun to use.

Besides that, SS has a huge upgrading/item collecting system. I'm really looking forward to the different weapons and items upgrades. Seems very RPG like.

IHNo

The Other Side
I'm more curious on how the whip is going to be used now. it can take enemy's weapon? I can't remember from the 2010 demo. Would be cool for tripping and drag the enemies by the leg too. I hope that it's range is good enough so that it's not to risky to use.

All I remember about the whip was that it was able to kill small enemies, such as Keese, but when it came to larger ones, like Bokoblins (or whatever), it only hindered their attacks. The whip could also pick up items that were a short distance away, like hearts, rupees, etc. I'm hoping it'll be able to do more, or we can upgrade it to have more functionality, because so far, in my opinion, it seems pretty useless. As for snatching an enemy's weapon - I can't exactly recall if it's possible, but something is telling me that it's not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom