• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Take on the Wii U?

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
Ah, the Wii U.

I am jumping out of my seat for it! I see the console completely brimming with potential, with most of that potential lying in the controller itself. It's without a doubt the most technologically advanced console controller to have been made.

Just think of all the possibilities having an extra screen presents! I've got a brother who hates playing local COD because of the split screen. The Wii U would eliminate the need for split screen, so that two players (perhaps even three in the future) will be able to play on one console, without either being disturbed. Whenever I visit my cousin's house, we have to move the Wii and Xbox between TVs because of others wanting to watch television. This wouldn't even be a PROBLEM anymore! And look at the gameplay possibilities! Look at Metroid Blast in Nintendo Land, to be specific. While two players fight on land, one player with the Gamepad controls a spaceship from above, adding an entirely new layer of depth to working as a team.

And the system itself is no laughing matter. On a graphics scale, according to developers, it is stronger than the Xbox and PS3. However, there ARE exceptions to this rule, where some developers claim to have not been able to improve the graphics due to having to figure out how to implement their games into this new console, or not having enough time to do so. (Assassin's Creed 3 is said to be about 99% the same, but due to the latter reason, it will miss some lighting effects. Of course if they implement the controller into the game then this can more than make up for it.) The system is also said to be a complete powerhouse when it comes to memory and RAM. Honestly though, I'm not real technical with it so I can't get into details on that aspect.

The launch lineup is looking decent for the console. A lot of strong games are coming. NSMBU, Assassin's Creed 3, COD Black Ops Two, Skylander's Giants(not my cup of tea, but hey, the original was a hit), ZombiU, and Nintendo Land. This is actually a really good lineup, ESPECIALLY when compared to the meager 3DS launch titles.

Nintendo is also focusing largely on online this time around. Still, online was never Nintendo's strong point. So I remain skeptical on how strong the online function will be.

So what do you guys think? Will you be getting a Wii U, or do you remain a skeptic? Excited or not? Seriously, I want feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom