• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Race in Skyrim?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I was an Orc with a giant axe and huge armour. What else do you need in life? Sure, bows are pretty nifty, magic can be pretty devastating I suppose. But there's only so much those things can do when getting bum rushed by an Orc windmilling an axe!

A male Nord, because Skyrim belongs to the Nords and the Nords alone.

But yeah, my first play-through was as a Nord, because it seemed good and proper. I focused exclusively on melee weapons too, namely two-handed weapons like great-swords and war-hammers. My second play-through I went with a male Redguard, and focused more on magic, which I didn't like nearly as much. On my current one I tried out an Orc, because they're the most attractive thing ever and it's really awesome to dual-wield and tear everything up.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yeah I was a big manly nord.

They just seemed to remind of Lord of the Rings (in fact this game entirely reminds me of that series). Anyway, I think my character, if I remember correctly, looked a lot like Boromir which was pretty cool. As far as weapons go, at first I focused on two-handed weapons and then I went to single-handed as I decided to utilise magic as well - basically duel welding magic and a weapon at the same time (that was pretty awesome). Though I did get quite sick of the repetitive melee system, so in the end I opted to put more xp into long range weapons [Bows] and sneak.

Last edited:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Female High Elf.

I always go for the magic-type characters in games, so it was the clear choice. Although now that I've reached 100 in Destruction twice, I've started using some other weapons, like my Daedric Sword of the Inferno and the Bound Bow. I keep telling myself to try and make a Nord or something to test a different play style -- I'm very much an assassin-mage combo right now, as I sneak attack absolutely everywhere and try to attack with magic from afar -- but every time I make a new character I get bored. :P

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I usually choose Nord, Orsimer, or Redguard.

I don't know why, maybe it's because I prefer close combat over Magic and Archery.

Whenever I try to do Magic runs I choose Altmer or Dunmer and when I try to do Archery runs I choose Bosmer or Khajiit but I never fully go through those runs :P

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Bosmer. Ton of archery, ton of stealth. **** is dead before it knows it's in combat.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I used to play Bosmer exclusively, but I've switched to Khajiit. Dat dark vision, yo! (I always play stealth, archer types, though my Khajiit dual wields dagger and sword for my increasing use of close "combat", if you call a 1 hit kill combat)

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I've been several of them. But I tend to go with a Breton most often. The are naturally suited to being mages and I like playing as a magically inclined character. Their magic resistance is particularly helpful if you want to rely on spells as your means of attacking (whether that's from summoned creatures, weapons, or direct attack spells), because it helps resist magicka draining effects from shock-based magic. It's the greatest weakness mages have and it helps resist that.

octorok74

TETTAC
I play as an Imperial. Just because I like being well set with gold in case I need to buy something. Comes in handy since I find gold everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom