• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Mood at the Moment?

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I am feeling angry, frustrated, isolation and sad. I can't... believe what happened today at school.
That bratty little idiotic girl.

Other than that I am feeling very sleepy, so....

(@ ̄ρ ̄@)....

octorok74

TETTAC
Right now I am so pumped. Only a few members on here may know why, so it is a secret. But I just can't wait for tomorrow to come. Plus, everyday that passes is another day closer to the release of Halo 4, which also pumps me up.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm feeling pretty sleepy and bored as well. A little anger here just played some Mercs and I lost my combo at like 30, which is ridiculous. I hate Castle, stupid enemies don't spawn.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Feeling mixed up- Happy, angry and sad.

I feel happy because I can take my mothers laptop! AND IT'S MINE, ALL MINE!

And I feel angry and sad because of that fake friend. She.... She is currently bullying me. She's currently bullying people, too.

Dan

Right now I am so pumped. Only a few members on here may know why, so it is a secret. But I just can't wait for tomorrow to come. Plus, everyday that passes is another day closer to the release of Halo 4, which also pumps me up.

I'M ALSO PUMPED, *Dan pumps his guns and kisses them*

Right now I feel extremely depressed. Like there is no one who really understands me anymore and lately my fiance has been neglecting me from most of what I need lately.

I just want to talk about it but there is no one who is willing to talk to me.

I'm going back to bed..

Aggravated that I don't have an advanced understanding of Physics or Calculus to do my senior paper on the Big Bang. :(

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I am quite content at the moment, calm and collected as per usual, enjoying the new Pokemon games at my disposal.

So damn tired... kind of happy becuase i got a job eventually, but kind of sad because its awful but kind of happy because its awesome pay, but quite sad because its a massive change and kind of tired...

Ganondork

goo
I'm oddly mixed in terms of feelings. I'm a mixture of melancholy, filled with nostalgia, and yet, a level of exuberance that only comes to me when I think back to around November of last year when I was playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations for the first time. The last comment stated is surprisingly relevant as to why.

See, today in English, my teacher decided that it would be good to have us pick an excerpt from a source that we feel is "Good Writing." Among one of my favorite books is Revelations by Oliver Bowden. This is the book adaptation to Assassin's Creed: Revelations, and Oliver is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Below is the except that I decided to use for my English assignment.

But he was not dead. Not yet. He managed to raise himself painfully, high enough to hold his head up, and look Altaïr in the eye.

“I can never forgive you, Altaïr,” he managed to croak. “For the lies you told about my family, my father. For the humiliation I suffered.”

Altaïr looked down at him, but there was only regret in his eyes. “They were not lies, Abbas. I was ten years old when your father came to my room, to see me. He was in tears, begging to be forgiven for betraying my family.” Altaïr paused. “Then he cut his own throat.”

Abbas held his enemy’s eye but did not speak. The pain in his face was that of a man confronting a truth he could not bear.

“I watched his life ebb away at my feet,” Altaïr went on. “I shall never forget that image.”

Abbas moaned in agony. “No!”

“But he was not a coward, Abbas. He reclaimed his honor.”

Abbas knew he had not much longer to live. The light in his eyes were already fading as he said: “I hope there is another life after this. At least then I shall see him, and know the truth of his final days…”

He coughed, the movement racking his body, and when his breath came again as he strove to speak, the rattle was already in it. But when he found his voice, it was firm, and it was unrepentant.

“And when it is your time, O Altaïr, then, then we will find you. And then there will be no doubts.”

Abbas’ arms collapsed, and his body slumped to the stone floor.

Altaïr stood over him in the silence that surrounded them, his head bowed. There was no movement but that of the shadows stirred by the flickering torchlight.

This portion of the book is among one of my favorite scenes from any book, and it's among one of my favorite scenes in Assassin's Creed: Revelations. While writing it, I listened to this song:

[video=youtube;GchupuQajU4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GchupuQajU4[/video]

This specific song is the one played during the scene that I wrote about.

Thinking back to whenever I had played the game, I always feel a lot of nostalgia. The 2011 section of 8th grade was infinitely better than the 2012 portion - online and off. I always think back to the first day I got Assassin's Creed: Revelations when I think back to the beginning of 8th grade; my dad surprised me with it in the morning, and I played it nonstop until I had to go to school. The moment I got home, I rushed through my homework and played it for hours. I had been home alone, and I had never enjoyed myself that much in my life.

And yet, the sadness still remains. This particular scene had not been emotional to me like it was in my third run, but it was still an enormous deal to me. When I had played it the third time, this scene quickly became one of my favorites. It showed why Abbas was so unhappy, and yet you see a side of Altaïr that you never saw before; the one who was scarred by death. Altaïr was an Assassin - a dealer of death - and yet Abbas' father's suicide remained fresh in his mind throughout his entire life. Yet at the end of Abbas' life, he left it not angry with Altaïr, but questioning if he had been wrong all along. Altaïr says in Revelations on his deathbed:

Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad said:
There is no afterlife...

I found this to be sad. Abbas would never learn the truth. He would die skeptical, and distrusting of what had once been his best friend. That aspect has always made me unbearably sad.

And yet, I still am always happy when I think of this. It may be attributed to the nostalgia, or the great emotion that sweeps over me whenever I think back to this scene. This exuberance has always brightened my day, and the past few days have been relatively rough for me. Assassin's Creed - especially Assassin's Creed: Revelations - is the thing that gets me through my frustration whenever I am going through a rough point in my life.

I think this sums up the mood I am in, and why it's like that.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well my mood is not that great at the moment. My mother has Alzheimer (form of dementia) and she had this at a young age just after she had a surgery because of breast cancer. She is in a Nursery Home and I got a phone call today and her condition is running backwards really fast. This just blew up my mood :(
She can't walk or sit anymore and is sleeping like 24/7 so it is literally waiting for the end :( :kawaii:

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I'm happy, today's Friday and last night I stayed up late with my Dad and watched Batman Under the Redhood. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom