• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite Stone/gemstone?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I've recently been exposed to something called gemstone therapy, where people believe that interaction with certain stones can affect your disposition and well-being.

I don't think I really believe in it, but I'm the sort of person who likes to dabble in everything. So, I went to a place where they sold many different stones... and I tried to "feel" energy coming from the stones, and decide which one I "trusted" more. I picked out four stones of different color... white, dark green, yellow, and brown. What ended up surprising me, was that all four stones were actually the same mineral... something called "nephrite." At least I was more consistent than I thought I was.

It seemed like a strong material, and reasonably pretty as well. I sort of appreciated the patterns in it, and the variation in colors as well. I ended up deciding that because I really liked this mineral, and because I wanted to give this "gemstone therapy" thing a good try, that I would like to find a way of keeping the mineral close to my skin for best results. I ended up visualizing a perfectly circular bracelet/bangle that I would wear on my other wrist to counterbalance the watch I always wear on my right wrist.

Surprisingly, they actually had a dark green one in stock, although I got the impression that my request was unusual. So, I came out of the experience with semi-nice bracelet, and a feeling of being somewhat unique in my taste. They told me that it was a protective stone, but I didn't think much of it at the time.

Out of curiosity, I ended up looking up the chemical composition of nephrite when I got home. I found that it contained silicon, magnesium, calcium, and sometimes iron. This reassured me that I had made a good choice, because those happen to be some of my favorite elements.

Finally, I ended up having a dream about the object I had purchased... in the form of a video game text screen result from an "examine" command. It read something like this:

Luck + 1
Wisdom + 1

Relic of an ancient civilization. Believed to encourage peace by bringing balance between opposing forces and energies, bring wisdom and luck to the wearer, and even help in entering the afterlife.

I still don't really believe in it that much, but it certainly seems to be a cool thing to have... very inspiring, pretty, interesting, and mysterious, regardless of whether it has any real power. It's definitely my favorite kind of mineral now.

So, anyway... what are your favorite stones, and why?

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I love emeralds. Not only is it my birthstone, but its green color has captured my heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom