• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite "Replacement" Voice Actor Performance?

Mido

Version 1
Being sick today, a thought crossed my mind. Thinking back to this thread, I started to think about the voice actors/actresses who take on a role that has either become synonymous with another voice actor or said performance by a preceding voiceover artist is looked upon very fondly by audiences. The new voice talents often have big shoes to fill in this respect. This all being said, what voice actors/actresses do you think assume the mantle of an iconic role in a strong fashion? Do you think their performances potentially outshine their predecessors? Speak your mind below!

One performance that comes to mind for myself is Bruce Greenwood's Batman (Ex. Young Justice). I think it comes close to emulating the ever-iconic Kevin Conroy. He is just one example that I can think of right now. A bit too tired to go further at the moment.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Batman characters are great for this becayse there have been so many iterations over the years. I'll call out John Dimaggio as Joker (Under the Red Hood). He's very different from Hamill, but it works so well for the movie hes in.

Last edited:

Miss Cucco

Mrs. DekuNut
Batman characters are great for this becayse there have been so many iterations over the years. I'll call out John Dimaggio as Joker (Under the Red Hood). He's very different from Hamhill, but it works so well for the movie hes in.
One day the secret service is gonna take you in for knowing too much. Just sayen

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
For me a notable example is the Prophet of Truth in Halo. Michael Wincott performed the voice in Halo 2. Whilst Terrence Stamp provided for Halo 3. Both are great VA's but have a very different sound to them. I found Stamp made for a more menacing version of Truth and I prefer it to the original.

Mido

Version 1
One day the secret service is gonna take you in for knowing too much. Just sayen

I agree, and most notably because of his mentioning of the famed "Mark Hamhill." Thanks to your preservation of the evidence, DekuNut will have no escape from the law.

Going back to the matter at hand @DekuNut, I agree with DiMaggio for sure. His performance actually sort of unnerved me. It was very grounded, yet diabolically menacing altogether. On another note, I want to say Bruce Greenwood was also Batman in Under the Red Hood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom