• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-N64 What is Your Favorite Oot Dungeon?

What is your favorite oot dungeon

• Inside the Deku Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dodongo's Cavern

• Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly

• Forest Temple

• Fire Temple

• Ice Cavern

• Water Temple

• Bottom of the Well

• Shadow Temple

• Spirit Temple

• Inside Ganon's Castle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
My favorite dungeons in Ocarina of Time are the Forest Temple and Spirit Temple tied. I really cannot decide between the two, because they both have great puzzles and atmosphere.

My opinion on which dungeon is best (my favorite) fluctuates a lot. However, I chose Forest Temple on the poll... :yes:

Like Wolf Sage my favorite fluctuates often however it's always a struggle between the Forest and Shadow Temples. The Forest Temple is an open veranda boasting not only a theme true to its namesake but several undead elements the most tangible of which are the Poes and boss battle against Phantom Ganon. The bow and arrow is also used in wiser ways than in subsequent installments especially with respect to shooting paintings.

The Shadow Temple is a different beast completely. From the moment you first enter an aura of surprise and mysteriousness encompasses the area. The unique combination of Lens of Truth and Hover Boots serves to slightly demystify the locale, however, you always have to stay on your toes with the chance of a Stalfos swooping in or an invisible death trap. Fighting against the wind at one point was an intriguing incorporation and the ship ride to Bongo Bongo thrilled me. The boss wrapped things up superbly given the multiple strategies through which to defeat it. I'm still searching for the optimal one to this day.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Like Alit and Wolfy, my opinion fluctuates a lot. However, I voted all of them on the poll -- every single dungeon in OoT is pulled off magnificently so the difference between any single one besides length is negligible, in my opinion.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Like Alit and Wolfy, my opinion fluctuates a lot. However, I voted all of them on the poll -- every single dungeon in OoT is pulled off magnificently so the difference between any single one besides length is negligible, in my opinion.

wow you voted for all of them but i forgot to vote for the fire shadow and spirit temple

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I really love spirit temple, everything about it, the Gerudo fortress, the desert crossing, the Oasis area (well take out those stupid green spinning things). The theme, the art, the music, the Iron knuckles, the Twinrova boss is like my favorite in the series (only wish they /she was/were harder), the fact you gota do it as child and adult. That temple alone is half enough reason to replay OoT.

Everything leading up to the temple, and the temple itself, put it as hands down the best one of the game for me.

edit:

On 3 heart runs, those iron knuckles keep you on edge, and its just so much fun, knowing one slow reaction or 1 mistake = insta die.

Like others, my answer to this question seems like it's always changing. Ocarina of Time seems to have really balanced dungeons, and I like a lot of them a good deal, but I think my top favorites are the Forest and Spirit Temples, just due to how fluid they felt and the lovely feelings their great atmospheres gave me. But like I said, I really do enjoy so many of them so much, and it was hard to narrow it down. The Water and Shadow Temples would be next on my list, and of the Child dungeons (since I separate them from the adult dungeons in my head) Dodongo's Cavern is probably my favorite. Still, the spot for my ultimate favorite is usually dedicated to Forest or Spirit. :>

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
The Spirit Temple, I've always just loved everything about it, the fact it's in 2 parts, the design itself, the music, the items, everything <3

However, I liked Ganon's Castle because it had a little bit of everything in it which I thought was cool, kind of like Sky Keep in SS, I loved that one too.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Forest Temple for me, without a shadow of doubt. I just absoloutely love the atmosphere to it. It may sound silly but sometimes I can almost smell the Earthy, mustiness of the place when I'm in it. I think the whole dungeon is a triumph in level design.

Spirit and Shadow Temples would come a close second for me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom