• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite Elton John Song?

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I know there are already a few other favorite song type threads, but I thought I'd try something new and ask about a specific artist.

elton-john.jpg
I've been an Elton John fan for as far back as I can remember. His music has been there for me through the best and worst of times. He's been making music for 40+ years and still continues to do so to this day. From his very first album, Empty Sky, to his most recent album, The Diving Board, he's constantly shown that he, his piano, and his usual lyricist, Bernie Taupin, can create music which is new, exciting, and relevant. He's worked with anybody from George Michael to John Lennon to Billy Joel to Eminem to Lady Gaga to Fall Out Boy to Queens of the Stone Age and almost everything in between. With 29 solo albums, 3 collaborative albums, and his work on films and broadway musicals he has one of the largest discographies of any solo artist.

Elton-John.jpg
This brings me to the questions I have for all of you reading this: What is your favorite Elton John song? What is your favorite Elton John album? What is your favorite cover of an Elton John song by another artist? What is your least favorite Elton John song?

I figure I'll end this post with my favorite song. It's from the album Madman Across the Water. This performance of it is similar to the one I saw when I went to one of his concerts back in November of last year.
[video=youtube;F7TBF6y5IsQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7TBF6y5IsQ[/video]​

I've gotta go with Rocket Man. Admittedly I'm not as familiar with his work as I probably should be, but he's an outstanding musician and songwriter for sure.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
[video=youtube;13GD78Bmo8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13GD78Bmo8s[/video]

I like this one the most. Candle in the Wind is a close second.

That song was in my head too. "I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind".

Possibly the best of him. And indeed Candle in the Wind is also a close second on my list.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Holiday Inn from Madman Across the Water is an often overlooked classic, I love the backing instrumentals in that song also it makes me think of long road trips, My second favorite is The Fox from the titular album by the same name, mostly its because I like the animal foxes, that and after doing some rather interesting digging on Wikipedia it turns out that the harmonica instrumentalist is better associated with with Willie Nelson.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Circle of Life is special to me, but my favourite is probably Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

**** it, can I just copout and say the entire Lion King Soundtrack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom