• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your Favorite Dungeon From Ocarina of Time

What is your favorite 3D Zelda Dungeon?

• Total voters
It's a toss up between the Forest Temple and the Spirit Temple.
I love the Forest Temple because it is probably one of the most original temples in the series. From the notion of chasing poes (I mean, come one, shooting their portraits was an awesome mechanic) to the maze-like structure and twisting and untwisting the hallways. I also like the music. Eerie, but still reminiscent of the sacred forest meadow.
I love the Spirit Temple because the mechanic of a dual dungeon that was introduced with the Shadow Temple was done better, completing half the dungeon as child and half as adult. The light mechanic was done well, and I always enjoyed fighting Iron Knuckles.

I really liked the dark atmosphere of the Shadow Temple. It had cool puzzles and I though Bongo Bongo was a neat boss as well.

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
The water temple is my favorite. I know it gets a lot of hate, but I liked figuring out the different water levels and the first time I battled dark link really made me think to beat him.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
The Spirit Temple really made me feel like I was inside an ancient mysterious tomb. I loved every bit of it, from the journey through the desert to facing Twinrova

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I LOVE the atmosphere of the Forest Temple.

To me, it always came across as this mansion that was near the forest a long time ago, built there for whatever reason. Over time the forest grew and took it over, and it was abandoned. The corridors, the stairways, the well in the courtyard, all the structures just remind me of a normal house that was overtaken by nature. That's one of my favorite atmospheres in a game: abandoned, wasted homes. Not to mention the music, the design, all of it was so...so amazing. I'm sure I'm not the first to come to that conclusion.

Forest temple. The kid dungeons all had a bit of a kiddie feel to them, as good as they were, but entering the forest temple for the first time, I know that THIS was when the game REALLY began, and it was time to play serious. I think the dungeon itself is fantastic in terms of level design, atmosphere, and the boss, but the fact that it's also the first adult dungeon and so iconic in that way make it stand apart.

I thought the shadow temple was pretty cool. Even if it was kind of annoying in some parts but still was fun.

Spirit temple because of the story that happens mid-dungeon. other dungeons seem so isolated but the spirit temple really seems like a key part in the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom