• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the maximum age that you have to start with something in order to be considered to have “grown up with it?”

Minimum age to “grow up” with something?

• Total voters
I think it's a number that shifts as you get older. I'm not sure how far it shifts, and IMO it would be odd to see it shift past eighteen, but maybe that's just me being a bit young. Right now I definitely don't think I'd call anything after around 13 as something I grew up with, but as my teens as a whole shift far enough into the past I definitely think my view on that could change, and I wouldn't find it horribly odd for someone enough older than me to call something they discovered around sixteen something they grew up with.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I like the word "formative" here. The term "grown up" kind of implies that youth is in the past. Formative refers to what formed you at whatever point you are. You could be three and the cartoon you watched when you were two could be formative to you, but it might be a bit more confusing to say you grew up with it if you were only three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom