• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the Last Book You Read

M

MistyDragon

Wish You Well by David Baldacci. It was a good book that I had to read for Honor's Literature, but it was a very slow book. About 100 pages from the end it got really good, but beforehand it was a headache to read.

triforce_power

One of the Sheikah
The last book i finished reading was TheThrone of Fire by Rick Riordan
in the middle of Maximum Ride:The Angel Experiment by James Patterson now :P

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
The Hardy Boys: The Sinister Signpost. Not a very good book, even for one from the '50s.

I finished reading this absolutely, marvelously-written book yesterday, called The Archived by Victoria Schwab. Just... truly stunning. The storytelling techniques used by Schwab were insanely strategic and controlled, unmasking details bit-by-bit, leaving me gripping onto the book [mentally] until I turned the final page. To me, it felt almost like a genius combination of Disney Pixar's Monsters, Inc., Allyson Noël's The Immortals, and Tite Kubo's Bleach with a totally unforgettable plot twist and thorough structure.

The story itself is wrapped around the notion that the dead's memories are stored in humanoid vessels made to mimic their physical state the moment they died. All of these vessels, called "Histories" are stored on shelves in this library called "The Archive". However, these histories, though not actually a true embodiment of the person in which they represent are capable of waking and escaping the Archive and into a buffer zone between the real world and the Archive, know as "The Narrows". Mackenzie Bishop is one of the Keepers of the Narrows, who are responsible for sending the Histories back into the Returns where they will be sent to a special branch of the Archive for safe keeping.

The book is laced in conspiracy, paranoia, mystery, thrill, and betrayal. Absolutely an amazing read. I savored every moment. The first edition was published last month, so you probably haven't heard of it. #hipster

Last edited:

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Machinal by Sophie Treadwell. Technically a play but it was an interesting read. By the end of my Uni semester, I will be helping to put on a production of this play which should be absolutely amazing since our director's vision for the staging is phenomenal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom