• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the Deal with The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword?

S

Sofia Hogan

What is the deal with The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword?
Is the new Zelda SKyward sword a serious game such as the Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time Zeldas of a more of a fun game like the Four Swords Zelda? I am really into the series but I dont know if this is a serious one or just one focusing on the WiiMotionPlus capabilities?

Last edited by a moderator:
You just have to check various sources for content. Sites like this one, IGN, Gamespot, and even Youtube has some videos up for you to view and decide for yourself. In all honesty, this game (so far) appears to be quite "serious" (as you put it), and has hints of dark overtones. I mean, seriously, have you seen this video?

[video=youtube;UVzPKzgqgwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVzPKzgqgwA[/video]

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
It's an opinionated question- and one I usually am irritated by- but yes this game is quite as "serious" or whatever as OoT and MM.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It looks to be less serious than MM but more than TP. So, dark things will happen but it may not descend into the depths of insanity like MM has. :D
Now you can still have fun with the game sort of like Four Swords, but it won't be exactly like FS.

everything they've shown seems more like a lighter adventure, but then they've only shown the beginning...knowing that the Hyrule we've come to know will not be in this...that everything is in chaos, I see it getting dark

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking because of your horrid grammar, but it's seems to be slightly less serious than TP, and about the same amount as OoT.

TP wasn't that serious. It felt as lighthearted as Spirit Tracks, and Spirit Tracks had murder.

You asked the question like Rodney Dangerfield, "whats the deal with airline food." XD

But it will probably be a combo of seriousness and lightheartedness, similar to OoT

Yes this game can't be entirely "serious", as even Majora's Mask had it's lighthearted, fun, even comical moments here and there. You wouldn't know that a story is "lighthearted" without the "serious" and vice-versa. That is to say, you wouldn't know how serious Skyward Sword is until you've seen the lighthearted. (hope that makes sense :sweat:)

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
I think its going to be a slow progression. Link is usually a care free sort of "small town boy" but thats because he always starts out living far away from the troubles. In Skyward Sword though they not only live far away but theyve never had troubles of their own. Thats why they cant go to the land below. So I think itll start out with the whimsical kind of feeling of Spirit Tracks or Minish Cap, which never really felt serious to me; to a Twilight Princess feel, where everything was dark and serious and there wasnt many "whimsical" sort of moments. But every Zelda game has a sense of humor, so you dont really have to worry about it getting too serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom