• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Something You Just LOVE Doing but Others Look Down on You For?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Flirting.

Listen, I'll be honest. Flirting is fine if you are going to go somewhere with your flirts. If you aren't and you're just leading people on, then that's kinda douchy and should stop..

キラ

Yo!
Looking at hentai. No one knows I look at hentai, but I know most people would say something like "Eww, it's a cartoon! What's wrong with you?! You're weird! How can you even be attracted to a cartoon?! You don't like real girls?!"

I can't stop getting tattoos. Most of my family doesn't care but some of them just seem to look down upon me for, now when I go to family gatherings I cover them up with a long sleeve shirt.

I can't stop getting tattoos. Most of my family doesn't care but some of them just seem to look down upon me for, now when I go to family gatherings I cover them up with a long sleeve shirt.

The first tattoo I got, my gramma's first words (more or less) were, "But how will that look on your wedding day?!" She doesn't know I plan on getting another one as soon as rugby season ends...

Rugby. My family is like, "Whatever makes you happy." and my coworkers/friends are fairly supportive, but superficially. Obviously the team supports me, but most people are like, "Rugby? Really?"

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, the person who I've begun to consider my best friend just happens to be female. And because of the society we live in, my friends and other people tend to look down on me because I like hanging out with her so much. She's in the middle of recovering from a breakup, and has other things happening in her life, so she doesn't need to be treated that way. People always tell us "omg you guys should date, you're so cute together, why aren't you a couple yet, bla bla bla." I'm tired of hearing that. Why is society so messed up that I can't have a female best friend? Just because I have feelings for her doesn't mean I really want to start a relationship, especially when she's so depressed and just needs a friend to be with. Lay off, people, geez.

My parents, grandmother, and uncle are very opposed to videogames. I'm tired of hearing talk about how my brothers and I are being brainwashed and wasting time on some something unproductive. It's a hobby that I very much enjoy and there isn't anything else quite like it.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Zelda. I freakin love it but my friends have either never heard of it or don't care for it (blasphemy!). My family always look at me when I put in a Zelda game and say,"Youre playing this again," with that tone of disgust. But I play it still!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
My parents never understood my nerd activities. They thought my anime-love was downright weird. They continue to think most things I like are weird. Sometimes, I wonder if I was born into the wrong family. I no longer live with my parents, so... it's not a problem. I just think it's kind of sad to be on the phone with my mother saying "Bob and I went to a local Renaisance Faire today" and to have mom say "Now, you see, I think that's dumb."

I tend to be careful about explaining my anime hobby to fellow adults, if I speak of it at all. It can actually even be more awkward than the bone-art thing I do.

Speaking of that, I think I actually scared off a therapist when I showed her my painted horse skull - I'm proud of that thing. So, another thing that is not well-understood.

Fan fiction isn't well-understood or liked by all, either, even online. I think it's the only hobby that I have as an online-thing that OTHER ONLINE PEOPLE don't always accept. I've gotten into FIGHTS - even here! At this board! Over the "legitimacy" of fan fiction as a hobby. --- Oh, and yes, I write original stuff! Click my sig to get one of my novels. I do fan fiction because it's fun for me. I'll defend my fun to the death.

Last edited:

Therapist Bill

The Pianist
Hey there!:)

I love sewing and knitting. It is a fine craftsmanship that requires a lot of skill and patience. I do not really like to brag but I guess you could call me a master of knitting and expert sewer. I actually made some fine wool sweaters for me, my mother, and my girlfriend last Christmas. I've been told that it is "lame" and "boring" but it is because people don't understand and never got into it. It isn't just a hobby or something girls do, it is a lifestyle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom