• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Minecraft

I am hearing a lot of talk about a game called Minecraft. I've never heard of it until now. Can someone please explain to me what it is, because it sounds interesting. It must be if people talk so much about it so much. I'd like to know the following:

*What this game is about story-wise.
*What systems you can play it on.
*How much it costs.
*Any game play details that may concern me.
*And if it's on a PC, are there any specific computers I need, or can I just play it on on a Personal Computer?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Minecraft is a computer game where you create a character and build things. You can build basically anything. Structures, areas, you name it. And when night falls, you get to fight off enemies like wolves and the infamous "creepers". A detail you should know is that Minecraft is apparently incredibly addicting. To be honest, I've never played it myself, so I really don't know much more than that. You should talk to zeldahuman. He's the biggest Minecraft person on this site, as far as I know.

Minecraft is an open world sandbox game that let's you build nearly anything you can think of. There are two modes: Survival and Creative. In survival, you can die and enemies can hurt you. You also must make your own tools and mine your own ore. In creative, you have an infinite amount of pretty much everything and you can fly. That way, you are free to build anything your little heart desires.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Question on story, there really isn't t a story but on the PC edition there is a boss dragon and end credits after you fight it. So there is an "end" to the game. You can keep going though.

As for consoles
Minecraft PC: the most up to date version of the game. Costs $25
Minecraft 360 edition: just a little behind PC, no create mode(yet) and not as much stuff but equally addicting. Smaller world size. $20
Minecraft Pocket edition: for those who want to put it on their phone. Very basic minecraft. Small world. Not ad much astuff as 360 edition but has create mode. $8

Big Octo

=^)
You should talk to zeldahuman. He's the biggest Minecraft person on this site, as far as I know.

False. That would be yours truly.

Anyway, story-wise, well, there's really no story to Minecraft. Like at all. You just start out and either survive our build.

You able to play Minecraft on the PC, Xbox 360, and iOS and Android devices. The PC version is probably the best deal, as it's the most up to date and most convenient. The 360 version is a bit more limited than the PC version, as it's a few updates behind. The Pocket Edition is severely behind its 360 and PC cousins.

On PC, $25. That's probably the best deal, as you get the best of everything.

I'm not sure what you mean by your fourth question, mainly because I'm not sure what may concern you. In terms of violence, it's quite mild.

Your fifth question seems to be poorly worded. To play the game, look up the minimum requirements. The game can be played on lower graphical settings for slower computers. If you wish to play with higher graphics, then I would suggest upgrading your PC parts.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
There actually isn't any story to it. You're basically dropped into a random world and have to fend for yourself, at least in Survival Mode.
It is available for PC and Xbox.
When I bought it, it was about 27$ and is a one time purchase.
There are two main modes, survival and build. Survival, well I talked about that in the first line. Build Mode is almost the exact same. The difference is that you don't have a hunger meter, health bar that decreases, and monsters don't attack you. So basically, you are just free to build anything that you please.

Dan

False. That would be yours truly.

Anyway, story-wise, well, there's really no story to Minecraft. Like at all. You just start out and either survive our build.

You able to play Minecraft on the PC, Xbox 360, and iOS and Android devices. The PC version is probably the best deal, as it's the most up to date and most convenient. The 360 version is a bit more limited than the PC version, as it's a few updates behind. The Pocket Edition is severely behind its 360 and PC cousins.

On PC, $25. That's probably the best deal, as you get the best of everything.

I'm not sure what you mean by your fourth question, mainly because I'm not sure what may concern you. In terms of violence, it's quite mild.

Your fifth question seems to be poorly worded. To play the game, look up the minimum requirements. The game can be played on lower graphical settings for slower computers. If you wish to play with higher graphics, then I would suggest upgrading your PC parts.

I thought with mods or a certain mode or something you could make your own story. :I

Big Octo

=^)
I thought with mods or a certain mode or something you could make your own story. :I

True, but with with vanilla Minecraft, there's no apparent story, and the fact that you can make up your own is one of the many great things about the game.

Dan

True, but with with vanilla Minecraft, there's no apparent story, and the fact that you can make up your own is one of the many great things about the game.

I have another question for the self proclaimed mega minecraft super nerd of ZD.
If I have a daughter who loves to run around outside and enjoys watching disney films, what minecraft version would you recommend ?

Donutwizard

The Angry Mask Salesman
I am hearing a lot of talk about a game called Minecraft. I've never heard of it until now. Can someone please explain to me what it is, because it sounds interesting. It must be if people talk so much about it so much. I'd like to know the following:

*What this game is about story-wise.
*What systems you can play it on.
*How much it costs.
*Any game play details that may concern me.
*And if it's on a PC, are there any specific computers I need, or can I just play it on on a Personal Computer?
Minecraft is a really fun, addicting, and I've gotten a ton of playtime on it so dont worry about it getting old.
I reccomend getting the pc version it is by far the best deal and almost any computer can handle it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom