• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is It About Zelda?

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
It is the memorable characters and bosses, it is unique, no other game is like Zelda games, the music is outstanding. The storline is great and you can never put them down.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
I... I honestly don't know. As a child I adored medieval weapony and fantasy stories... heck, I think all of my childhood heroes had a sword. And I loved anything fantasy-based; I spent half my time in my own imaginary world, or in one created in a book. As said, Zelda has such a brilliant universe, full to the brim with unique and interesting things... so easy to lose yourself in...
But I think it goes deeper than that... maybe it's the epic "good can always triumph over evil" or "even the underdogs can make a difference" or "you can do anything if you find the courage" thing the series has got going on. I don't know. Something keeps pulling me back though!

F

Forsaken

Some people's answers to posts are based off of why they play Zelda. If this is already a post, I apologize cause I wanted to respond to it yet couldn't find it, but I started wondering "Why do we personally like Zelda games?" Some like them for the temples, some for the side quests, some for the bosses, some for the cool items, some just because it's a whole other fantasy world.

I know for me, the number one attraction is the world. The worlds of Zelda have their own history, rules, and physics that we get to dive into and figure out how they work. How is it for you?

Awesome thread, btw. Well, as said before, this is really hard to answer just like this, but I must agree with you. Its world is something that really gets me into it. Having to learn how to live in a brand new world is really exciting to me, and I like to know all about it, from its trees to its buildings, mountains, lakes, stories and legends.
Playing games such as OoT, TP --etc provide me feelings I really can't describe. It's a waaaay different than entertainment, and than games such as GTA :dry:

I must say that I really like exploring Hyrule/Termina-- etc, and one thing that really makes me wanna play it is the NPC/characters excellent build. All LoZ NPCs/characters are totally unique.

Does any other game have NPCs like Guru-Guru, Dampé or any other completely-random guy, even if by that you mean an useless NPC that sits on the roof/meanders by the park at night (creepy middle-age man around a children playground, thanks for making that sound normal MM! :P) ?
Guess not. Oh, thank you Mr.Miyamoto!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom