• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Better, Links Awakening, or the Oracles?

Links Awakening Vs The Oracle Games

Hi folks

I've just got me a GBC and the 3 Zelda games for it. :)

I've started Links Awakening and so far it looks like it's going to be really really good.

I've had a little look at the Oracle games and they also look as if they could be a lot of fun.

So, my question is: Which is better and why?

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
Well straight out I would say the oracle games for two reasons, reason one the oracle games if you add them together seeming as Ages is a sequel to Seasons and the second you will find out if ou ever find out about the end of Link's awakening (IT pisses me off so much, stupid thing which I can't say otherwise it'll spoil it) but yeah, it would be interesting if they fused Seasons and Ages together where you travel through time and seasons but that would get too complicated.

Oracle games have rings which make for an interesting side if you want to complete it 100% they all have trading sequences, but I would just say the Orcales over the Awakening

P

pianomancuber

Well, first of all I would just like to say that the original Link's Awakening is head and shoulders over the DX remake. They added color, which is fine, whatever. However they also took away features like pressing B to skip over useless text. Also, the photo booth thing is incredibly stupid and out of place for the style of the game.

That being said, I'm not sure if this is a fair comparison because as a group the oracle games are twice as big. Obviously they're better together. But as stand alone games, I think that I would go with Link's Awakening. It's got such a mysterious beautiful storyline. I remember pretty much sh**ing my pants as an 8 year old when I got to the face shrine. There are some pretty major plot ideas that make you question whether or not to even finish the game. LA is also a much harder game than the oracles, except for the final bosses. Over all though, I think that it's more fun to explore the land of LA and more rewarding to complete tasks. There aren't as many side quests, but keep in mind that this game is 17 years old. Back then, Zelda didn't have many. Personally, I think that LA is the best hand held Zelda ever made.

If you don't have the original, I would recommend playing it on an emulator. There's just no place for all the goofy nonsense that they added to the color version in the overall feel of the game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think the Oracle games are better. But, the fact that the Oracle games were made in 1999-2001 (totally forgot what year, I've had the game since I can remember :/) makes the comparison unfair. The Oracle games have a password system, and having both games will keep you busy to no end. If you ever get your hands on OoX, but can't find the other one, I recommend you either get an emulator, or download the ZeldaPasswords program from ZD. LA's ending was a bunch of BS to me, but I won't spoil it. You'll see why, and I still hate it right now. (I have LA in my drawer :3)

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I personally loved LA and thought that OoA was pretty good (I haven't played OoS yet)

LA is my favorite handheld game and I really love it because of the story. OoA in my opinion had a good story but a terrible ending. I guess I'm supposed to link up to beat Twinrova but whatever.

I liked LA better.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Gameplay, I think the Oracles games are better, just because there is a lot more to them than Link's Awakening. There is also the point that they go hand in hand, so it's sorta like one big game split into two. There is a lot to do and it's pretty addictive.

However, I feel that Link's Awakening has far more depth than the Oracles games, much more symbolism, and the overall plot is better. It is definitely one of the easiest Zelda games, though. Still, it's a loveable game that is a must-play.

In my own personal opinion, I prefer Link's Awakening, but that may be because of the impression the characters (Marin, especially) left on me.

LA I thought was better but thats just my oppinion. I think that because even though I played all of them I feel more familiar with LA than the Oracle series.

CUCCOMASTER

..and all things will end
im sorry. i dont know why but i started a thread like a few days ago and now i come on to look at replies and i find it here, fused with this thread. i dont know if this annoys you but if it does, now you have an explanation

how's my posting??? call 1-800-giv-feedback. CUC-CO-MA-STER makes everything bet-ter!!!...... and he likes kittehs too!

Sorry Cuccomaster. I didn't realise I was hijacking your post. I did have a look around to check I wasn't duplicating. Obviously not enough so apologies.

The replies to both the threads are really helpfull. I'm still on the level 3 dungeon on LA and so far it's been really great fun to play. I'm particularly enjoying the mario references.

I won't be able to compare the games until I've played them all properly so will come back and give my impressions when I do that.

CUCCOMASTER

..and all things will end
no its not your fault. some administrator must have merged them because they were the same. anyway, i don't have the games but i'm thinking about getting links awakening. my parents probably won't let me get the oracles because they will just say 'you don't need two' they will probably not let me get anything but they are clueless. they think that i'm like three. so when im planning on buying something their like 'maybe for your birthday. god im 14 i have money. i carry around more cash than my mom has alltogether. most of my moms money is in the bank or on amazon or something else. but i think im going to get links awakening DX.

how's my posting??? call 1-800-giv-feedback. CUC-CO-MA-STER makes everything bet-ter!!!...... and he likes kittehs too!

H

Haneul

Tough question! I grew up playing the oracle games and just recently played through it all and beat them (sadly 8+yrs). I really loved those games because of all the side things you can do with the rings, gasha seeds and trading sequence is very nostalgic to me and also because the story continued with the next game oracle game. Links Awakening is also a very amazing game which I am working on completing now. I wish that I had played it earlier and I think the story line is awesome. I wish I was just a bit more familiar with it like I am with the oracle games. So far I'd say Oracle games are better. Only slightly.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Here is my opinion:

I liked LA the most out of all of the games and i have even gone through and gotten a 100% completion and a no death completion. But the game is just too short and if you play it through to fast then you miss a lot so in other words this game I myself would choose but be warned it is short but has a good storyline.

Now the oracles i also loved but just not as much. I think they both had great stories even though i liked OOA's story just a little bit more. But other then that their is just one big difference between the games that i think you ought to know(this is only my opinion)OOA is a much harder game to beat then OOS. At the least that is what i thought. OOA i thought was much harder because it had many minigames that you had to beat in order to beat the game. That is really my only reason i think it is harder because some of those games are pretty hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom