• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is a Hobby of Yours That No One else Cares to Partake in with You?

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Cleaning and collecting animal bones. Then again, I don't *expect* anyone in my real life to be into that with me. I'm actually surprised I've found clubs of artists on Deviant Art who do the kinds of things that I do with making bone-art (often better. Those people who do intricate carvings impress me). Thankfully, my significant other understands and supports my hobby and will help me cart things home without being seen by the general public. Or, on one case, let me use his big bow-saw to take a roadkill head.

And since I've grossed you all out... baking! In my household, we both cook, but when I get some weird urge to bake an apple pie or something, I'm doing it alone.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Music is pretty much my only real skill, and I'm basically the only one amongst my friends who really cares about it. Kind of upsetting sometimes, but oh well.

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
Acting .-. most of my friends refuse to ever do such a thing for some reason acting isn't cool? :/ but I do have some friends who act with me so yeah :3

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Debating. Some of my friends are willing to debate with me, while others won't even try. I don't like debating online too much because I'll either get bored, or I'll debate with someone who won't listen to reasoning/believes their opinion is superior. One of the things I love to debate about is space and the possibilities of the universe, because it's so open-ended and no one ever has a definite stance on the subject.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Reading comics and learning about comic book history. My family acts like they care about it but I think that's just because they don't want to hurt my feelings.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
The list is endless:

1. My music taste and passion for music
2. My passion for politics
3. My interest in history
4. My ability to read an entire novel in a day
5. My liking of Zelda games
6. Tall, dark, rugged men

etc

But at the end of the day, it's normally differences that make you better matches with people, not your similarities. All of my friends are very different, it isn't just me, and we all respect each other's hobbies and interests. That may not have been true when we were younger maybe but it certainly is now :)

Aku

Cleaning and collecting animal bones. Then again, I don't *expect* anyone in my real life to be into that with me. I'm actually surprised I've found clubs of artists on Deviant Art who do the kinds of things that I do with making bone-art (often better. Those people who do intricate carvings impress me). Thankfully, my significant other understands and supports my hobby and will help me cart things home without being seen by the general public. Or, on one case, let me use his big bow-saw to take a roadkill head.
I collect animal bones too, although it's mainly just the skulls and I only have a few of those. I don't use them for art, but I do use them as references for drawing (mainly so I can get the proportions of animal heads correct, as it's very easy to get those wrong.) It's awesome to find someone else who likes that stuff too, and doesn't get grossed out at the idea. I am surprised that you can get the heads from roadkill fairly easy, in my area it might be illegal (I can't remember the law at the moment) and the few times that I did, I often had gawkers.

My main other hobby besides drawing, is personal taxidermy. That is, I have a few critters that I'm working on that I hope to turn into something great that I will like, even if they don't come out as 'perfect.' (In fact, one won't, it's a Russian Boar that had been trimmed to be a rug before I got him, so some of this will be reconstruction work. He's going to be 'soft' taxidermy, although if I can give him leg 'joints' and a movable lower jaw, I will.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom