• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What If:

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
What if steam was offered on the PS4 or X1, or WiiU?
Would that console instantly win?

Would it be better then steam trying to push its own steam box? When they could make money from a software side only, and not have to struggle to sell boxes, when the other boxes are already going to sell.

If one of the next gen consoles, offered it, would you choose that one? Even if you had to pay 50 cents - 1$ extra per game on the console for the steam purchases.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Considering Valve is already attempting a console, I don't think this'd work.

However, assuming they don't go with the box, I wish they'd pick the Wii U but Nintendo is CRAZY about what games they offer. So PS4 it is.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
PS4 is already x86 architexture, so its not like they'd even have to do ports (or at least with minimal modification or frontend on the ps4 itself to make them run).

I think the steam box won't be a smash success, but imagine if they partnered with Sony for example, just how much money both Sony/ Valve/ the developers would make.

If Sony wants to draw/ attract indie developers, Why not save themselves 95% of the work by letting steam do it for them instead of trying to compete with steam?

Wii U would probably require alot of games to ignore the tablet features or have to be changed for it in some way. How great would it be to play Skyrim on the tablet. Switching between dozens of spells and weapon sets, gets very tedious on a normal controller, even on pc the 1-8 buttons isn't enough for everything you want, but if you could just reach down and touch what spells you wanted, it would be amazing how much that would streamline the game play.

edit:

They could even restrict certain titles, or impose different licensing fees depending, on their own products and what nots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom