• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What if Did See Ganon?

Big Octo

=^)
Okay, many of us had our hopes and dreams crushed when it was announced that Ganon would not appear in Skyward Sword. But in our creative minds, what we would we like to see from him if he did appear? Personally, I'd like to learn his background, and would also like him to take down Ghirahim. What do you suppose?

Edit: Crap, I forgot to put we in the title. Dang . . .

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The title is hilarious, just saying :rolleyes:

Erm...I'm thinking that if Ganondorf appeared, it may have ruined SS due to what TP did. People were screaming "enough of Ganondorf, we need a new villain!" through their comments, and that's why or at least I think that's why he didn't appear.
Now, if he indeed did appear as the main antagonist, I'd like for him to be the ruler of Ghirahim but not make the desperation appearance that he did in TP. I mean, it's okay if you're pulling the strings but at least make it apparent. It wasn't much of a plot twist in TP because it was out of the blue. I can't say it would be any better in SS if they made Ganondorf the apparent puppetmaster but I'm hoping he would be presented early on in the story in a way that wouldn't kill the suspense. I don't know what I mean, but maybe one could decipher this message...?

I for one am glad ganon is not in this one. I think the only console game without him is MM. I still think he will get a back story, kind of like a prophecy type of thing. If he was to show up I hope he isn't in his prime.

Ironically enough, I actually kind of wanted Ganondorf to be in this game. The premise of Skyward Sword as the origin story of the Master Sword makes me want Ganondorf in this game all the more, as I would like to see his role in its various scenarios, and how it would play out. My wish borders on fan-service, though.

However, Ganondorf's inclusion in SS would feel quite forced, and might also otherwise serve to derail an already somewhat broken timeline, as his mere appearance (despite his age) would probably be very anachronistic given SS's placement in the chronology. /fanservice

...just saying.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I was happy when I heard Ganon won't be in this game- it would have felt out of place and forced. I definitely don't think we'll see him.

I hope not, this is taking place in OOT and Ganon didnt recognize Link in that game...like he did in TWW...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There were those who claim to need a break from Ganon and although I would have liked to see him again in skyward sword I think his absence is for the best so that these people shut up about it and when he appears again there is no complaints. That way he will also feel like more of a treat in the next major zelda title.

Back when I thought they might have included him, I thought they might make him the demon king and Ghirahim is trying to overthrow him with his group of interlopers however this would fail they would be sealed up and you would have to fight Ganon.

Last edited:

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I love Ganondorf but I do agree we should see some new villains. Ghirahim looks like a great villain and will give us a good break from Ganondorf. But I think after another Zelda game or two they
should bring him back

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Hopes crushed? I'm sure most of us didn't. As much as I like Ganon(dorf), he doesn't need to be in every game. Skyward Sword was the perfect game to bring in the "dark interlopers", and that's what they're doing. Plus, Ganondorf's origins are in Ocarina of Time, so I never saw why people thought he could be in the game in the first place. You said you want to know his background. We already know it. He's a Gerudo male, which is only born every 100 years, and he's an evil sorcerer. What more is needed?

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
I'm always for new villains, but I'm slightly dissapointed that Ganon was not included in this game, seeing as how the more recent games (excluding OoT 3D) have been featuring multiple new villains. Ghirahim looks pretty cool, but I'm not sure he'll last long. I'm pretty sure we won't see Ganon if they said so.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Well, they did say Ganon was not in SS but they never said Ganondorf was not in SS...Lol Jk but yeah It would of been nice to see him in SS but on the other hand I am glad he is not the villain.

K

KindoDeku

the first time i saw the trailer i thought i saw a child ganondorf(but i saw wrong). But that's what i would like to see, a cameo of ganondorf as a child. maybe a conflict between the Geurdo thiefs and Lord Ghirahim that Link has to intervene in.

Many of us wanted a new villian. I think the Interlopers were high on the community's list of most wanted villians, and it's looking like they may have delivered with Ghirahim. Even if he isn't one of the Interlopers who created the Fused Shadow, he still seems like a very interesting character, and quite a refreshing change-up. His mannerisms and reckless demeanor frighten me in a way Ganondorf's power never could.

This is hundreds of years before OoT and Ganondorf is not even born. I don't expect to see him, but I do expect some backstory to give us a lead as to his relevance in the future of the series. One possible take on this subject could be the origins of Koume and Kotake, who existed hundreds of years before OoT, and could very well exist during the events of SS.

Time will tell, but I'm certainly excited to experience this prequel. The story telling is already looking fantastic, so my hopes are high for a bit of Zelda lore to wet my taste buds.

Just a thought, but unlikely, it would be interesting to see him as a young adult who ''works' for Ghiraham. He wouldnt need to have any major role or anything as a main villian, but just appear and not be the evil ruler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom