• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What I Would Like to See Next

I do believe you're undervaluing what Ganondorf has to offer on the Child timeline, which is what I've been personally advocating since SS was on and released. All ALBW proved is that the beast Ganon kind of made a good revival point on the Defeated timeline. Ganondorf on the Child timeline is a completely different beast (pun completely intended). ALBW wasn't even the return of Ganondorf in any shape or form, so it hardly counts as a remedy to the drought of games that have been without his true return for the past decade. Ganondorf on the Child timeline opens up far greater possibilities than any of the petty side-villains we've gotten on other timelines thus far. Bellum and Malladus are the greatest examples of this; just because there's a new villain doesn't automatically mean that it's going to be intrinsically better than a Ganondorf plot.

Actually, I do believe that is so. The other villains may be just as paper-thin as he is, but the same procedure being repeated over and over again is bad for a character and even others too like how the end TP made it like Zant didn't even matter. And like I said, it's unlikely that he's going back to his OoT or WW self. And I'm pretty sure Ganondorf's story on the CT was completed; he was arrested, banished, bright back, then killed with Ganon II on the way for FSA.

Actually, I do believe that is so. The other villains may be just as paper-thin as he is, but the same procedure being repeated over and over again is bad for a character and even others too like how the end TP made it like Zant didn't even matter. And like I said, it's unlikely that he's going back to his OoT or WW self. And I'm pretty sure Ganondorf's story on the CT was completed; he was arrested, banished, bright back, then killed with Ganon II on the way for FSA.

The logical reasoning behind Ganondorf returning are exactly the same reasons why Bellum, Malladus, and arguably Zant failed. They were going for new villains, something original, and it just didn't matter in the grand scheme of things. You said it yourself, why is yet another paper-thin villain needed, especially in the wake of a decade long absence? Again, we've had these "new" adversaries for so long, and what exactly do we have to show for it that has bucked the trend so much, has made those games so original, and has made them something that stands out? Pretty much nothing, as all of these revelations in recent Zelda games hasn't necessarily come from the villain at all, but rather how the game was structured from a design and gamplay point of view. Plus, you're acting like Ganondorf automatically equals some unoriginal, washed up plot. If anything, WW and TP disprove this. Ganondorf in WW was completely different from his OoT incarnation, and the game was structured in such a way that the plot was hardly an OoT rehash. TP did the same thing, with the plot twist at the ending that. Ganondorf was indeed more of his OoT self, but again, the plot of TP was completely different than that of OoT due to the entire concept of the Twili and the Twilight Realm.

I don't think that the timeline has ever served as a reason for anyone not to return, but consider this - the Child timeline has only three games on it, same as the Adult timeline. If we take a look at the Fallen timeline, we see that the resurrection of Ganon was attempted a whopping total of four times (arguably five with ALBW). So far on the Child timeline, a true resurrection (reincarnation; see edit) has happened only one time. And even then, is FSA truly the end-all game that is going to decide that Ganondorf is now obsolete as a Zelda villain? I seriously doubt it. Along with this is the fact that Demise, who very clearly is the root cause of many of the Ganon conflicts, specifically says that his curse will last through the ages, hence why he's returned on so many occasions in various forms. It's perfectly possible to have another Ganondorf plot.

Edit: Looking closer at the timeline, it would appear that FSA has it summarized as a "reincarnation". If this is true, it's logical to assume that Demise is able to reincarnate himself as Ganon as often as he chooses, further strengthening the idea that Ganondorf can indeed return with no issue.

Last edited:

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
What they need to do for a future game is to have the true villain appear near at the beginning of the game, allowing you to know him and learn to hate him. This I think would make it feel more like you were facing a threat instead of sum face less mastermind. A story like this would be more engaging and allow for the villain to develop and be more interesting as a character. This is what WW and OoT did and this worked very well.

The logical reasoning behind Ganondorf returning are exactly the same reasons why Bellum, Malladus, and arguably Zant failed. They were going for new villains, something original, and it just didn't matter in the grand scheme of things. You said it yourself, why is yet another paper-thin villain needed, especially in the wake of a decade long absence? Again, we've had these "new" adversaries for so long, and what exactly do we have to show for it that has bucked the trend so much, has made those games so original, and has made them something that stands out? Pretty much nothing, as all of these revelations in recent Zelda games hasn't necessarily come from the villain at all, but rather how the game was structured from a design and gamplay point of view.

While most of this I agree with, my entire stance on this matter is grounded in hope that Zelda will someday a unique, interesting, and downright awesome villain. A third HoT game (which is the real topic here) could easily take a step in that direction.

Plus, you're acting like Ganondorf automatically equals some unoriginal, washed up plot. If anything, WW and TP disprove this. Ganondorf in WW was completely different from his OoT incarnation, and the game was structured in such a way that the plot was hardly an OoT rehash. TP did the same thing, with the plot twist at the ending that. Ganondorf was indeed more of his OoT self, but again, the plot of TP was completely different than that of OoT due to the entire concept of the Twili and the Twilight Realm.

In plots terms, yes, but in those games, he was involved, active, and known as he should be at least two of those. In the story TP, he was only involved, but then became all three at the point where game should have already been over.

I don't think that the timeline has ever served as a reason for anyone not to return, but consider this - the Child timeline has only three games on it, same as the Adult timeline. If we take a look at the Fallen timeline, we see that the resurrection of Ganon was attempted a whopping total of four times (arguably five with ALBW). So far on the Child timeline, a true resurrection (reincarnation; see edit) has happened only one time. And even then, is FSA truly the end-all game that is going to decide that Ganondorf is now obsolete as a Zelda villain? I seriously doubt it. Along with this is the fact that Demise, who very clearly is the root cause of many of the Ganon conflicts, specifically says that his curse will last through the ages, hence why he's returned on so many occasions in various forms. It's perfectly possible to have another Ganondorf plot.

Edit: Looking closer at the timeline, it would appear that FSA has it summarized as a "reincarnation". If this is true, it's logical to assume that Demise is able to reincarnate himself as Ganon as often as he chooses, further strengthening the idea that Ganondorf can indeed return with no issue.

Now if a game after FSA has a Ganon plot, it would center the reincarnated Ganon and not a resurrected original. If Demise can't bring the original back as-is in FSA, I doubt he could ever do it later. I find the reincarnated Ganon to just be a lazy throw-in just so that a game could still be considered canon like a lot of other aspects of timeline, thus why I hope they at least just keep Ganon on the FT.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
I would LOVE to see a game that deals with the battle that was hinted in TP and OoT, where the six sages first got together to hide the triforce in the sacred realm, and what I assume to be the creation of the Temple and Ocarina of Time.

I'd really like to Zelda and Link have babies. And have like four little Link Jrs. You could control all characters and like solve puzzles and stuff. I think that'd be pretty neat. Or like Midna and Gandolf get married and then got back in time to when Link was a kid and fight him again in that fish and flood the planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom