• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What I Would Like to See Next

J

jess231990

Hi all im new here
anywho.. my first ever experience playing tloz was oot on the 64 many many years ago followed shortly by MM. They will always be my favorites of the timeline. I honestly would like to see them carry on with this story line in the not to distant future. I find it still has more to offer. Call me nostalgic or whatever. But thats my honest opinion. Also a MM remake for the 3Ds would be great :)

Plus he was searching for navi even though she annoyed the hell out of me.. I would really like to see them together again.. it felt so unfinished

Last edited by a moderator:

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Hi all im new here
anywho.. my first ever experience playing tloz was oot on the 64 many many years ago followed shortly by MM. They will always be my favorites of the timeline. I honestly would like to see them carry on with this story line in the not to distant future. I find it still has more to offer. Call me nostalgic or whatever. But thats my honest opinion. Also a MM remake for the 3Ds would be great :)

First of all, welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay.

According to the official timeline, Twilight Princess is the future of OoT and MM... though there is quite a bit of room for another game (or two) in between MM and TP. My guess is that the eventual Zelda for Wii U will be in this branch of the timeline.

I think by now that everyone is keeping their fingers crossed for another entry in the Child timeline. The Adult timeline hasn't really gone anywhere, with what functionally acts as two sub-stories that really weren't all that great of games when compared to the rest of the series in my opinion (I always thought DS Zelda was just really lame up against the other handheld titles). We just recently got ALBW on the Defeated timeline, so the Child timeline is due some love. It could be difficult for a game between MM and TP if they wanted to bring back the classic Ganondorf plot, but the end of TP seemed to establish that Ganondorf was actually defeated for good anyway.

I personally think it's time for Ganon to return as the main force of evil, just because it's been.... Four games now? And almost a decade too.

I would also like a third HoT game, mainly because I want to see closure or continuation to story. A 3DS remake of MM is more than likely thanks to popular demand, so a sequel (maybe the upcoming Wii U game) could come right along with it.

I think by now that everyone is keeping their fingers crossed for another entry in the Child timeline. The Adult timeline hasn't really gone anywhere, with what functionally acts as two sub-stories that really weren't all that great of games when compared to the rest of the series in my opinion (I always thought DS Zelda was just really lame up against the other handheld titles). We just recently got ALBW on the Defeated timeline, so the Child timeline is due some love. It could be difficult for a game between MM and TP if they wanted to bring back the classic Ganondorf plot, but the end of TP seemed to establish that Ganondorf was actually defeated for good anyway.

I personally think it's time for Ganon to return as the main force of evil, just because it's been.... Four games now? And almost a decade too.

Not having washed up old Ganon would only make the game better, having a different villain would open doors to a more unique plot.

Not having washed up old Ganon would only make the game better, having a different villain would open doors to a more unique plot.

Nah. People said the same about Bellum, Malladus, Ghirahim/Demise, and Yuga. We've had these "open doors" for nearly a decade now, and there's even a chance that it will have been a full decade when WiiU Zelda comes out since Ganon was featured as a main villain. It's time for a return to the main adversary that connects the entirety of the timeline. People asked for a break, got a four game long one, so the "new bad guy" desire has been fufilled.

Fig

The Altruist
Well in honest opinion, I would love to see either one of the three things I'm going to list happen sometime in the near future:

1. A Zelda focused on the "Hyrulean Civil War" that was mentioned in the games A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess. Though it we don't know anything about the war itself except for the fact that it had occurred prior before the mentioned games above and I personally would love to see more backstory about this war. The fact that is is a civil war really captures my attention because there's so many ways how a civil war is forged in the first place.

2. A Zelda game that focus on the backstory of the Dark Interlopers that we first heard of in Twilight Princess. Honestly because of how little detail we know about them, I would like for them to be a focus in a future Zelda title as they are so many theories already surrounding them. I'm not sure how huge of a mystery that is surrounding this ancient tribe but I do wish to see them once again in the distant future! ^^

3. Majora's Mask remake. I think it is safe to assume that practically every other person wants a Majora's Mask remake. Personally I would like to see on the Wii U rather than the 3DS because the Wii U is not doing well at the current moment. If Nintendo decides to ever remake Majora's Mask, it should be implemented on the Wii U rather on the 3DS. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing the remake on the 3DS simply because I enjoyed playing OoT 3D on my 3DS and I had a blast reliving my childhood once again! :P

A 3DS remake of MM is more than likely thanks to popular demand, so a sequel (maybe the upcoming Wii U game) could come right along with it.

I try not to speculate or get my hopes up about anything, but a MM remake with an original Wii U game tied to it as a sequel (or even a prequel) would be absolutely phenomenal. If they are planning a MM remake (which, I really feel like they are), this would be a good reason that it hasn't been announced yet (because they want to have a double reveal when the Wii U game is closer to completion. I know this is complete speculation and wishful thinking on my part, but boy I would love for this to be the case.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Like Fig, I would be content with three things. I have his same opinions towards the first two, however I would also be happy with an addition to New Hyrule.

Now, bear with me. The DS games aren't that great, especially compared to the rest of the series, but the story has a lot of potential. New Hyrule seems so interesting and seeing it with a more mature artistic style aside from the cat eye Link we got in that timeline it could be great. Really get rid of that timelines bad reputation.

Nah. People said the same about Bellum, Malladus, Ghirahim/Demise, and Yuga. We've had these "open doors" for nearly a decade now, and there's even a chance that it will have been a full decade when WiiU Zelda comes out since Ganon was featured as a main villain. It's time for a return to the main adversary that connects the entirety of the timeline. People asked for a break, got a four game long one, so the "new bad guy" desire has been fufilled.

Nah, Ganon, along with the whole revive the King of Jerks from Hell thing, just needs to be dropped completely. ALBW proves that even after his seven year bus ride, the only thing that can be done with him anymore is just slap him in at the last second just for the sake of it. Besides, he would have no place in a third HoT (assuming we actually get one) game other than his execution, but that would be pointless since we already saw that.

I try not to speculate or get my hopes up about anything, but a MM remake with an original Wii U game tied to it as a sequel (or even a prequel) would be absolutely phenomenal. If they are planning a MM remake (which, I really feel like they are), this would be a good reason that it hasn't been announced yet (because they want to have a double reveal when the Wii U game is closer to completion. I know this is complete speculation and wishful thinking on my part, but boy I would love for this to be the case.

It's speculation on my part too, but when you put the pieces together, it really does seem to have a chance.

Last edited:
Nah, Ganon, along with the whole revive the King of Jerks from Hell thing, just needs to be dropped completely. ALBW proves that even after his seven year bus ride, the only thing that can be done with him anymore is just slap him in at the last second just for the sake of it. Besides, he would have no place in a third HoT (assuming we actually get one) game other than his execution, but that would be pointless since we already saw that.

I do believe you're undervaluing what Ganondorf has to offer on the Child timeline, which is what I've been personally advocating since SS was on and released. All ALBW proved is that the beast Ganon kind of made a good revival point on the Defeated timeline. Ganondorf on the Child timeline is a completely different beast (pun completely intended). ALBW wasn't even the return of Ganondorf in any shape or form, so it hardly counts as a remedy to the drought of games that have been without his true return for the past decade. Ganondorf on the Child timeline opens up far greater possibilities than any of the petty side-villains we've gotten on other timelines thus far. Bellum and Malladus are the greatest examples of this; just because there's a new villain doesn't automatically mean that it's going to be intrinsically better than a Ganondorf plot.

I'm not even advocating a third Hero of Time game either, as indeed Ganondorf wouldn't make more sense. I'd like a game further along; another HoT game in the wake of MM would be somewhat of a stretch with the presence of TP, unless they wanted to go a more subdued route with some kind of side villain between MM and TP. Just the existence of TP makes this difficult, most likely feeling very forced, and an interquel is not something I would personally want.

Salem

SICK
A Zelda game structured like Super Mario 64. Not even kidding here, that game is so genius, future collect-a-thons don't match it in freedom and open-worldness.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom