• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Happened to the Reputation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Hey I have recently returned to the dungeons after a few years of hiatus, and I was just wondering, to any of those members who were here last time I was, what happened to the reputation system on the thread or am I just missing something?

Not to be facetious, but I liked receiving constructive criticism on my posts and reading through all of the comments and reputation I had received. Is there anyway for me to see all that again?

The reputation system was removed for a number of reasons -- I don't remember what all of them were, but it was causing some unrest -- after a bunch of members voted on it and there was a big debate. Chances of it coming back are slim, especially with the "Like" system in place. You can't get constructive criticism on your posts unless you ask for it or something and have it PM'd to you, but people can "Like" your post like on Facebook, so you can at least get a sense of posts people liked, whether their reasons were because they agree with you or just thought it was a well-made post.

It was disabled about a year ago due to abuse of the system. People would rep/de-rep people for no reason other than they like/dislike them. It got majorly out-of-hand and it didn't work out. There was a community poll having people vote what should be done about it and the concensus was to just disable it. However, it is still an installed feature, so if it were to get enabled again in the future, it wouldn't be too difficult.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Okay well I guess that does make sense :). Thanks for the info and I see the like system now I somehow managed to miss that... It's also great to know it could come back so thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom